Sponsored by:

Harley URL for Ver 1.20.3 Now Active.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
I'm still on 1.19.something.... near as I can tell everything works?

I did try another version once but it made my radio sound like **** so I changed it back.

What exactly is it that everyone's chasing?

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...
I have saved every version so far as a precaution (really it's because I am neurotic).. Some of the upgrades were so my media would automatically go back to my usb without a lot of fuss but the latest ones I did because of the added auto zoom feature on the navigation.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
What exactly is it that everyone's chasing?
Various issues. As I recall Version 1.19.2 fixed most of the major stuff. I'm running the CVO Version 1.20.1 at the moment, and have been for a long time. Version 1.20.2 was released last August, as I recall and it was just slightly this side of a disaster (to be kind). Harley pulled it after a week or so. When Harley "officially" releases a new Version, they list what it is supposed to fix on the Web Site. The list for 1.20.1 is on their website if your click on the text "Premium Boom!™ Box Version 1.20.1 | Size: 877 MB" -or- the little orange "+" to the left of the text. At the moment the only issue I have with the present Version is that the Side Tone when using the CB Radio is missing. Depending on what features you use, one update may be no better (or maybe even worse) than another. Yet to another rider the same update can make all the difference in the world. Version 1.20.2 however was a disaster from the word "go" . . . . and is exactly why I'll wait a week or two before I go through the time to load it. Because the files are image files you can always go back and forth from one version to another and all you waste is your time, well that and the "Seek/Scan" function always reverts to "Scan" for some reason known only to Harley-Davidson.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Various issues. As I recall Version 1.19.2 fixed most of the major stuff. I'm running the CVO Version 1.20.1 at the moment, and have been for a long time. Version 1.20.2 was released last August, as I recall and it was just slightly this side of a disaster (to be kind). Harley pulled it after a week or so. When Harley "officially" releases a new Version, they list what it is supposed to fix on the Web Site. The list for 1.20.1 is on their website if your click on the text "Premium Boom!™ Box Version 1.20.1 | Size: 877 MB" -or- the little orange "+" to the left of the text. At the moment the only issue I have with the present Version is that the Side Tone when using the CB Radio is missing. Depending on what features you use, one update may be no better (or maybe even worse) than another. Yet to another rider the same update can make all the difference in the world. Version 1.20.2 however was a disaster from the word "go" . . . . and is exactly why I'll wait a week or two before I go through the time to load it. Because the files are image files you can always go back and forth from one version to another and all you waste is your time, well that and the "Seek/Scan" function always reverts to "Scan" for some reason known only to Harley-Davidson.
And just how are you loading CVO software on the premium Boom can I ask???

Old 12-20-2016, 12:34 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Axegrinder
Harley (in their infinite wisdom) on their website, seems to assume a certain level of prior knowledge about computers, that many (if not most) folks are not familiar with.

The following is a step-by-step procedure that I (hopefully) haven't left anything out of. I wrote it for a computer using a Windows 7 Operating System so your Computer (as long as it's not an Apple Computer) should be the same or very, very similar. (Note: If it seems overly simplistic it's because you clearly already know way, way, way to much about computer systems. LOL)

1. Go to the Web Site: http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...downloads.html
  2. Click on the Black and Grey “Premium Radio” or the “Premium CVO Radio” Buttons.
  3. Next, Click on the Orange "Download Software >” button Note: If you choose to use the links I posted to this thread they are a shortcut that is the same as this button.
  4. A Window will open.
  5. Select the “Save File” option.
  6. Click the “OK” button.
  7. Another Window will open.
  8. Navigate to your “Desktop”
  9. Click on the “Save” button
  10. Acquire a USB Flash Drive of at least 8GB but no larger than 32 GB in size and Format it.
  11. To keep things simple, Format the USB Flash Drive so that there is nothing on the USB Flash Drive. (Note: If you/your Computer properly Formatted the USB Flash Drive . . . . . there had better not be anything on the USB Flash Drive at this point.)
  12. Navigate to your Computer's "Desktop." There should be a File Folder named “swdl_boombox_6.5GT.1.20.1.zip” (Version 1.20.1 in this example). Note: If you use the links I provided the numbers will be 1.20.3 instead of 1.20.1.
  13. Right Click on this File Folder.
  14. A Dialog Box will open.
  15. Click on the “Extract All…” option.
  16. A Window will open that asks where you want to put what are called the Extracted Files.
  17. Click on the “Browse” button.
  18. A Navigation Window will open.
  19. Navigate to the USB Flash Drive you previously Formatted.
  20. Click on the “OK” button.
  21. When the Files are “done being extracted” to the USB Flash Drive remove it from your Computer and take it to the bike.
  22. Turn the bike's ignition switch to the “ACCESSORY” position.
  23. Once the BoomBox system is fully up and running; connect the USB Flash Drive to the USB Port that is at the end of a cable that is in the little glove box thing to the Right of the Radio Display.
  24. The bike will automatically detect that there is new software available on the USB Flash Drive.
  25. It will ask you (on the bike’s touch screen display) if you want to install the Update.
  26. Select “Yes”.
  27. You then sit and watch the progress bars move at a glacial pace across the screen. This can take several minutes. Go have an Adult Beverage. Sometimes the screen may not change for what seems like a long time. Have another Adult Beverage. Be patient, some of these updates go quickly while others seem to take forever. Take it easy, you still have four Adult Beverages left unless someone is "helping" you. In which case you have a problem I really can't do anything about.
  28. When the Update is complete, the display will automatically tell you to remove the USB Flash Drive from the bike.
That's it, you're done!

Any questions shoot me a PM and I'll try and answer them.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 12-20-2016 at 01:10 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
02BlueDeuce (12-20-2016), 1HD1C (12-20-2016), Axegrinder (12-20-2016), bradsULtd (12-22-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 04:44 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,719 Likes on 1,545 Posts

Originally Posted by Axegrinder
Rename the ISO file from swdl_boombox_6.5GT_CVO to swdl_boombox_6.5GT and load it.

The following 6 users liked this post by lp:
02BlueDeuce (12-20-2016), 1HD1C (12-20-2016), Axegrinder (12-20-2016), CQ-HarleyRider (12-20-2016), Harley Convert (12-20-2016), Sghdowner (12-20-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-20-2016, 05:03 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Rename the ISO file from swdl_boombox_6.5GT_CVO to swdl_boombox_6.5GT and load it.

notice any other changes besides the splash screen? CVO has TPMS doesn't it?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:12 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,719 Likes on 1,545 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
notice any other changes besides the splash screen? CVO has TPMS doesn't it?
I have not noticed any other differences to be honest.
All the menus and selections look the same, and the radio sounds the same.
There are a bunch of us running it, and I can't remember anyone saying it was different other than the CVO logo. I mean, there could be, just I haven't seen it.

The following users liked this post:
1HD1C (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 05:26 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
There are a bunch of us running it, and I can't remember anyone saying it was different other than the CVO logo. I mean, there could be, just I haven't seen it.

excellent, my FLHXS gets delivered today and I will do the CVO boom box update

Old 12-20-2016, 07:01 AM
Axegrinder
Tourer

Originally Posted by lp
Thank you !!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:22 AM
jeff53404
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lp

When I was at the dealer, Sirius was on the CVO. If you don't have Sirius, that button says Setup. If you add Sirius, Setup moves to the upper right.

The following users liked this post:
lp (12-20-2016)

Quick Reply: Harley URL for Ver 1.20.3 Now Active.