Sponsored by:

Rushmore King Tour Pak with everything.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 03:19 PM
ColoStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PSRumors
Just about finished mine, the right wiring harness is on backorder until March 3rd argh.

Was not a hard job at all but sure is a lot of money for not many parts.

Next I have to replace the main harness on the bike for the passenger communications.
Looks great! Did you have measurements for the skirt bolt holes? I Velcroed mine in until I get some measurements.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 PM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoStreetGlide
Looks great! Did you have measurements for the skirt bolt holes? I Velcroed mine in until I get some measurements.
Just put it in place, marked the holes and drilled.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Lookin' good Rumors

The following users liked this post:
PSRumors (02-27-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 09:01 AM
gghostrrider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
Something I forgot to add. For a plug and play wiring solution I ordered a harness made by Namz. For 2014 and up bikes it is part number NTP-CB01. It is about 2' long and plugs into the harness under the seat going to the rear fender. It then plugs into the tour pak and powers the taillights, signals, brake, and acc outlet.

I know this thread is old but I'm ordering parts for my tour pack, now. I cannot understand why this namz harness is needed. Is the tour pack wiring too short? Why does HD not make these parts? Or is the wiring on the non Ultra models so different that this harness is needed? Bear in mind, I have not started any wiring, I'm jus trying to understand what is needed and how it connects.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

The namz harness is a jumper to tie the tourpak harness into the rear light connection under the seat to allow for run brake turn. HD doesn't make one and if you just tie into an accessory source all you will get is running lights, maybe brake at best.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:19 PM
tomve
Tourer
Received 185 Likes on 111 Posts

Excellent write-up! Even though I have no intention of doing the same for my SGS, this write-up does inspire me to go work on my bike. Thanks for sharing your great work!

The following users liked this post:
Super08 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Super08
Supporter

Originally Posted by gghostrrider
I know this thread is old but I'm ordering parts for my tour pack, now. I cannot understand why this namz harness is needed. Is the tour pack wiring too short? Why does HD not make these parts? Or is the wiring on the non Ultra models so different that this harness is needed? Bear in mind, I have not started any wiring, I'm jus trying to understand what is needed and how it connects.
As roadie said it is required to tap into the harness that supplies lights to the tail, signal and break lights to the rear fender. You unplug the factory harness under the seat and this splits the wires so you can have power to plug into the tour pak harness and the lights on the fender. If you are handy you can make your own, but for the price they sell this for it is not worth it.
The parts guy at the local Harley dealership said Harley is supposed to be coming out with one.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:14 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Super08, I'm ordering my parts this winter. I'll have them shipped to you, so you can do the drilling etc. Let me know what you charge. You did a damn good job on yours. I'd end up ruining mine. A drill in these hands is dangerous!

Old 05-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Super08
Supporter

Haha. If you are shy about drilling the holes I am sure the local dealership should have experience doing them.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:11 PM
vosadchuk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I just got mine done on my '14 SGS, and good thing I found this post. So now I'm trying to connect everything... just learned about namz harness - great success!!! (Borat) But then again, if I'm planning on connecting passenger communication system... doesn't the ccb unit from HD comes with the all needed wiring harness? Why people here saying about changing main harness??? If I am changing main harness then I guess I will not need the namz harness?

Quick Reply: Rushmore King Tour Pak with everything.