Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refinance options???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Helomech74
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

When I bought my wife's 16 Deluxe, we were given 1.99% through HD. Both of our credit scores were over 800 and that was the lowest they were offering. I then went to my bank, USAA, and they had a deal to beat any finance offer by at least 1%. So now the rate is .99% and it's through my bank.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:10 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
Ya credit union. Harley finance sucks.
Seemed OK to me when I got my '15 Limited for .99% for five years with nothing down. $600 & change total interest for the loan - if I don't pay it off early, which I probably will.

Last edited by jpooch00; 08-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 PM
bjmcconk
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is some food for thought for a little extra money per month.

And if you dont feel like giving your money to the government to hold on to over the course of the year this will help.

Last year I was getting about $4,600 back from the GOV for my taxes. This is straight income only. I don't have any other deductions and this was without claiming my son for that year. Claim head of household (50% custody) and Single.

So I took the $4,600 and divided that by 26 (#'s of paychecks) which comes to just under $180 per check. A lot of money to just sit with the GOV!

Now this will be tough for some. I have a paycheck calculator that an excel genius developed here at work which allows me to see the affects of different changes I can make to my deductions. So I started to increase my deductions but stayed about $40 away from the $180 that I calculated. I'm easily bringing home $200 extra per month and still making out at the end of the year by not having to pay in etc.

This all helps to make that bike payment a little easier to swollow!

Not a refinance reply but thought it could be some helpful information that we tend to forget about until it comes time to file taxes.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:18 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Listen to this post .
Great advice.

Last edited by rockabillygrl; 08-07-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: found my answer.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by bjmcconk
Here is some food for thought for a little extra money per month.

And if you dont feel like giving your money to the government to hold on to over the course of the year this will help.

Last year I was getting about $4,600 back from the GOV for my taxes. This is straight income only. I don't have any other deductions and this was without claiming my son for that year. Claim head of household (50% custody) and Single.

So I took the $4,600 and divided that by 26 (#'s of paychecks) which comes to just under $180 per check. A lot of money to just sit with the GOV!

Now this will be tough for some. I have a paycheck calculator that an excel genius developed here at work which allows me to see the affects of different changes I can make to my deductions. So I started to increase my deductions but stayed about $40 away from the $180 that I calculated. I'm easily bringing home $200 extra per month and still making out at the end of the year by not having to pay in etc.

This all helps to make that bike payment a little easier to swollow!

Not a refinance reply but thought it could be some helpful information that we tend to forget about until it comes time to file taxes.
I never did understand why some of my friends, family and co-workers got all excited about large tax refunds. They don't seem to realize that it was their own money they were getting back, all held hostage by the IRS for up to a year or more. A little cushion is nice to avoid under paying but $4K a year is way to big. If your electric company overbilled you $350 per month so they could cut you a check a year later for $4K, would you be okay with that?

Great idea you have here, much better than over paying your taxes to such a significant degree.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:09 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
Ya credit union. Harley finance sucks.
Don't know about that. I got my '15 Limited with nothing down and less than 1% interest through Harley Finance. $600 & change = total interest for the five-year loan. Not too shabby, IMO.

It's doubtful that ANY credit union could meet/beat that.

With the MOCO's sales tanking, I'd expect this offer to repeat itself this winter. It moved a LOT of bikes in '15 according to the sales guy I dealt with.

Last edited by jpooch00; 08-08-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Puttnik
Cruiser
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

delete

Last edited by Puttnik; 08-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:07 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Don't know about that. I got my '15 Limited with nothing down and less than 1% interest through Harley Finance. $600 & change = total interest for the five-year loan. Not too shabby, IMO.

It's doubtful that ANY credit union could meet/beat that.

With the MOCO's sales tanking, I'd expect this offer to repeat itself this winter. It moved a LOT of bikes in '15 according to the sales guy I dealt with.
That is the same as my interest rate, cheap money, i'm not paying mine off early because there really isn't anything cheaper and interest rates on annuities and ira's are increasing so throw a few dollars into them or if your still under 70 traditional or roth ira.

I always advise anyone to shop for the money/loan first, have a good understanding of what is available before going into the showroom.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:21 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
I like my .99 % rate I got on my 15 RGS,, now there is a 3.00 a month "Service fee" Which takes it up more,, didn't know about that till I made my first payment online. Not sure if there is anyway around it or not, I've just paid it and moved on.. 3.00 a month on 60 month loan,, a whopping 180.00 extra,,
That goes for most loan companies.

Of course there is a way around it.
DO NOT USE the website to make payments.

Use your online checking account to make payments. Simply send the payment from your checking account, no fee.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

HD financial, and many others use a third party vendor to collect payments- these companies charge a fee, which is rightfully passed onto the consumer.
Pretty darn easy to avoid this fee, simply don't make your payments that way.
As Alarmdoug states, it's not all that hard to set up automatic payments via your bank. Unless your bank is still in the stone age, they should offer online bill paying options.

Quick Reply: Refinance options???