Sponsored by:

#1 Harley dealer in the world...Palm Bay,Fl

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:33 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak
Same thing I was wondering, whats the rating based on? Don't care really, no dog in the fight. Does Number 1 mean you get the best deal. Is it based on profit, for HD not sure, have been to Space Coast and they have bikes sitting everywhere. More trikes than I have ever seen in one place at the same time. Never bought from them. Bought 2 from Black Widow in Port Charlotte as said great deals there. Talk to Ralph.....hes the OCD guy running around like his hair is on fire. Good dude though. In fact all the folks their go out of their way to help.
IMO, customer service and the maint. shop should be the main criteria for the "ratings" of H-D stores. To me, everything else is secondary.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Captnpirate
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
IMO, customer service and the maint. shop should be the main criteria for the "ratings" of H-D stores. To me, everything else is secondary.
I would agree that customer service and the shop should dominate the measurement, however, customer service is subjective at best. Whatever they use to measure, it needs to be the same for every dealership.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:22 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

#1 Dealer in the World for 2016 New Harley Sales...
In other words they sold more Harley's in 2016 than any other dealer in the World..don't know how many dealers that Harley Davidson has world wide ...or how many sold units it takes to be the top dealer worldwide....but I have to guess that being #1 is a big deal....

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (01-20-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 05:36 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by roadpop
#1 Dealer in the World for 2016 New Harley Sales...
In other words they sold more Harley's in 2016 than any other dealer in the World..don't know how many dealers that Harley Davidson has world wide ...or how many sold units it takes to be the top dealer worldwide....but I have to guess that being #1 is a big deal....
Only if you're a dealer. Don't know why the general public would really care one way or the other.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:22 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

jpooch00 - I have to disagree with you. Having spent quite a bit of time in the automotive industry, I have to say that being number 1 is a big deal to the public. That no 1 rating is not just about sales - there are a host of things and that includes customer satisfaction.

Imagine this - you have a dealer near you that sells all of his products for $2000 less than anyone. Because of that, he may be number 1 in sales. But, because he simply sells, he is not able to invest into his service department and you have to take your bike elsewhere for service. This should be a concern for you.

We, as customers need to locate "well rounded dealers" - sales, service and parts. This drives the number 1 ranking.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Only if you're a dealer. Don't know why the general public would really care one way or the other.
The general public cares because high volume dealers don't sell a lot of bikes by having high prices. The Space Coast area of Florida doesn't have enough people to support the largest volume Harley dealership in the world. So, they are obviously selling to customers from out of their market. People who purchase out of their market do so because of price, customer treatment, price, selection, price & most important, bottom line price. Since both Daytona and Orlando have large fancy dealerships & have plenty of bikes, I'm guessing its bottom line price. Most of the people I ride with in the Daytona area purchased their bikes out of market, either Jacksonville or Sanford. Service or parts departments had nothing to do with their decision. $2k-$3k difference in price did.

Eccool (01-20-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 03:58 PM
fishinfather
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

It was worth the trip for me. I shopped locally and told the "big" dealer near me I was going to drive down there because their inventory and prices (at least the ones listed) were better. OL and I drove down to check out a couple used bikes, for a very little bit more I rode home a new one (2016). They made me a deal I couldn't refuse and even the OL was happy.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 PM
sudbury2010glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visit them often enough when in Florida as I stay in Palm Bay. Nice place with good people.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:02 PM
tuleyne
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

San Diego Harley on Morena Dr. typically has between 200-250 bikes on the floor at any time. The building used to be the Bell Helicopter Factory so the showroom is huge. They also have an exact replica of the shack where Harley and the Davidson brothers got things started in Milwaukee.

ebucky (02-13-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 08:41 PM
RandyJK
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I was blown away by the San Diego Harley Dealership, I rode down from Northern Alberta and I gotta admit I could have spent the whole damn day walking around that dealership nothing in Canada compares for sure..

ebucky (02-13-2018)

Quick Reply: #1 Harley dealer in the world...Palm Bay,Fl