Sponsored by:

CB Radio and headsets

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Amazing that whenever a thread comes up relating to the CB ---- invariably the non CB users jump into the conversation --- most CB threads start with a question on "how to do something" and within a few comments somebody is going to be bashing the CB and or telling the world to convert to some other means of communication -- unreal!....
To each his own but I just don't get it when the naysayers have to jump in to the conversation just to hear themselves on their keyboard.
Typical internet sort of thing...any sort of post I throw out there I fully expect the "oh that sucks, going with XX-XX is better" or some sort of "save yourself a ton of cash by doing so on and so forth". If I really was concerned with cost I wouldn't have got a Harley in the first place hehe.

Once I do decide on what I want, then I look around for the best bargin on it I can find...if I did want a cheap alternative my post would have started with "Best way to go cheaply for..."

All that said, I do truly appreciate the different points of view and all of the suggestions and have on this forum for a while now.

Anyhow...

So it sounds like I do not have to have a dealer flash...would installing the antenna kit be of value ergo increase my range some? Like I said, I am not wanting to transmit/receive for miles and miles, just something where the wife and I can converse while we tour (she rides her own-Tri-Glide Ultra- fully equipped with a CB as well, for those who haven't started at the beginning of the thread). I would be connecting into the J&B faring antenna as well.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:46 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dutch --- if u need a switch kit --- I have one as I changed out to the lighted switches

Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Dutch --- if u need a switch kit --- I have one as I changed out to the lighted switches
I already picked one up and have it installed...thanks tho!!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Readyt
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOARGAURD
I'm sure it's a matter of choice... I run the J&M 787 elite series in my half helmet and I had the same set installed in my Shoei Neotec from Sierra electronics, both are very good quality.

Taking the tank off even full is a piece of cake, so much easier than the earlier models with the crossover hose.
I agree, 787 Elite Series in my Neotec and on my Seer. Work great, very clear

Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Dutch101st
Road Captain

Installed the HD rear antenna this weekend and did the ole hide under the frame trick; so now I have got the J&M faring kit as well as the regular antenna ran. Wife and I did a bit of testing in between rain storms and the range if pretty decent for what we are wanting. I just need to get her to pay attention to keying her mic when testing...sigh

Old 02-21-2017, 06:13 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine installed on my RGS and also tucked the FM antenna under the frame, used the mount for the short CB. Waiting on the J&M hidden antenna to come in to add it.

But, I have to get my radio flashed for some reason. This is the 4th bike our group has installed CBs in the last six months and my bike is the first one to have to get flashed. Oh well...hope that is the problem.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 PM
artie2908
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2017 SGS and looking to add a CB radio for some long rides. I need to add a PTT switch which requires I replace the switch I have on the right side. (no PTT) The only options are to purchased a set of lighted switches or find some one who has a spare set. How much would you be looking for, if you were willing to sell them? thanks

Old 02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Heloguy
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out boardtracker hd. 20%off all day everyday.
I mentioned it to my local dealership, and they gave me the discount so I bought mine from them.
Non lighted to match the left side.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:27 PM
artie2908
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Heloguy
Check out boardtracker hd. 20%off all day everyday.
I mentioned it to my local dealership, and they gave me the discount so I bought mine from them.
Non lighted to match the left side.
I'll check it out--- thanks

Old 02-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by artie2908
I have a 2017 SGS and looking to add a CB radio for some long rides. I need to add a PTT switch which requires I replace the switch I have on the right side. (no PTT) The only options are to purchased a set of lighted switches or find some one who has a spare set. How much would you be looking for, if you were willing to sell them? thanks
You can purchase the non-lighted switch kit from the dealer as well.
It is Part # 71500130 SWITCH PACK, right hand control for KEL model (Limited). The switch pack includes Part # 71500041 KEY CAP, ptt/squelch as well as 71500046, 71500049, 71500050 & 71500063 key caps as well.

Don't know pricing, but you should be able to get that now that you know the part #.

Quick Reply: CB Radio and headsets