Sponsored by:

Love Jugs Cooling System

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
They sure as hell are an exact copy. I'll stick with my Wards fans, they work great and Jason is absolutely the best if you ever have a problem.
An exact copy except for two major differences:

1) they will be available to buy when you want to buy one

2) they will be available to buy when you want to buy one

I have a wards fan which I haven't installed yet. Been looking for one for five months since wards went dark in August. Picked one up on the classified about 2 hours before LJ announced theirs.

Probably won't install it. I'll pick up two of the LJ versions and sell the wards to one of the LJ haters out there.

Me, I'll happily buy a copy from a company who will probably remain in business for a while. But that's just me.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sam2010
okay I misunderstood I apologize for that..
I have the wards fans used them since 2010. Great product in my opinion I noticed love jugs raised the price considerably to.
Hey no apology necessary. So easy to misinterpret a forum post. Happens to me all the time!

Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Too bad Love Jugs stole Jason's design. Especially after all the research and testing he did. I've used Jason's fan on two bikes I've had but recently removed it. I rode all last summer without it on my Ultra Classic here in the Las Vegas heat and didn't have a problem. Granted, I am running a cat-less header which cuts down on the felt heat considerably. IMO people are too concerned with their bikes oil pressures and perceived overheating. So, I just ride mine like it was designed to be ridden.

If anyone is interested I've got a Ward's fan I had on my 2008 RG and 2014 Ultra Classic I'm willing to part with. Haven't put it in the classifieds yet, probably should as it's just gathering dust in my garage.

The following 2 users liked this post by Yukon42:
Hurricane19 (02-15-2017), silveradoman2 (02-19-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:50 AM
red ben
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just put on the cool-master Love jugs and boy do they work. I live in Florida and it has been known to get a little warm. I have a 2016 CVO road glide with the wet head and would see temps of 250 plus, now with the love jugs it stays around 200. and does not go into parade mode. But the BEST part is my wife is more comfy, happy wife happy life!

Old 02-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon42
IMO people are too concerned with their bikes oil pressures and perceived overheating. So, I just ride mine like it was designed to be ridden.
That^^^^^^^ HD tests these bikes in much harsher environments then I ride in, I've never had a HD overheat or know anyone else who has. Now all of you drinking the Love Jug fanny pack kool-aid flame away!

The following 3 users liked this post by Hurricane19:
boston jim (02-15-2017), SixDD (02-16-2017), Wildon883R (03-22-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Yukon42
Too bad Love Jugs stole Jason's design. Especially after all the research and testing he did. I've used Jason's fan on two bikes I've had but recently removed it. I rode all last summer without it on my Ultra Classic here in the Las Vegas heat and didn't have a problem. Granted, I am running a cat-less header which cuts down on the felt heat considerably.

If anyone is interested I've got a Ward's fan I had on my 2008 RG and 2014 Ultra Classic I'm willing to part with. Haven't put it in the classifieds yet, probably should as it's just gathering dust in my garage.
Confused. You say "IMO people are too concerned with their bikes oil pressures and perceived overheating. So, I just ride mine like it was designed to be ridden." yet you bought a wards and installed an oil cooler on your LRS. Why install that stuff if you say bikes don't need them? Isn't that Ultra twin cooled too? That probably helps with cooling too.

I know my LRS is hot as hell even with a good tune and pipe, so I'll be using the fan on it for sure. I don't care about it while moving, but when sitting in NY bumper to bumper traffic in August, I'll sure as hell be happy I don't have to worry about cooking my oil.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Confused. You say "IMO people are too concerned with their bikes oil pressures and perceived overheating. So, I just ride mine like it was designed to be ridden." yet you bought a wards and installed an oil cooler on your LRS. Why install that stuff if you say bikes don't need them? Isn't that Ultra twin cooled too? That probably helps with cooling too.

I know my LRS is hot as hell even with a good tune and pipe, so I'll be using the fan on it for sure. I don't care about it while moving, but when sitting in NY bumper to bumper traffic in August, I'll sure as hell be happy I don't have to worry about cooking my oil.
Agreed... And since I have the SE 110 Tire Shredder the bike produces a good bit more heat that it did as a 103...

Old 02-15-2017, 05:29 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I have the Love Jugs Cool Master on my 2013 Ultra and they work great. I have had them almost 2 years / 25000 miles and no problems

Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by r2t2k2
Agreed... And since I have the SE 110 Tire Shredder the bike produces a good bit more heat that it did as a 103...
I'm exerting every bit of self control NOT to buy a 110 kit for my bagger.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad

Yes, I had purchased a fan and had it installed at one time. That is until I decided it wasn't needed. Yeah, I sipped the kool-aid a bit. Oil bud oil cooler on the LRS is a no brainer to protect the engine oil for 5k miles at a time. IMO the MoCo was keeping the cost down on the LRS and decided not to put an oil cooler on it. Figured if they had one on my Ultra Classic (NOT WATER COOLED BTW), it would only be common sense to have one on the LRS's 110 motor. Obviously YOUR opinion differs. Ain't this a great country??!!

Quick Reply: Love Jugs Cooling System