Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love Jugs Cooling System

Old 02-16-2017, 11:05 AM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I'm exerting every bit of self control NOT to buy a 110 kit for my bagger.
Do it... I have to say it's addictive. It has forced me to learn restraint!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Wards Fan up for sale in the classifieds.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon42
Wards Fan up for sale in the classifieds.
Theres a guy in the WTB forum who has bought at least two that I know of. Maybe he needs a third. bowhuntenbob is his name.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:33 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
They sure as hell are an exact copy. I'll stick with my Wards fans, they work great and Jason is absolutely the best if you ever have a problem.
I'm with you on that! My Ward fans are excellent, and Jason has always come through...besides, why would I want a "copy" of the original design that i KNOW works and has excellent customer service? Not to mention Price point...If the LJ product was any good, why would they copy the main competition? Probably because they have been taking a beating from Wards' over all sales numbers.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:01 AM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLADELPHFATBOY
I'm with you on that! My Ward fans are excellent, and Jason has always come through...besides, why would I want a "copy" of the original design that i KNOW works and has excellent customer service? Not to mention Price point...If the LJ product was any good, why would they copy the main competition? Probably because they have been taking a beating from Wards' over all sales numbers.
All well and good... But if one can't contact Wards, buy from Wards or get parts/repairs from Wards, then it's of no real current worth. I've been looking at fans and keep dropping by both sites. I can't contact Jason and the site indicates that nothing will be available until mid to late summer. Great, except that best case I would be able acquire one of his units by late summer. My need (perceived or real) is now. I don't buy snow tires after it's dumped two feet of the white stuff, I prepare in advance.

So, I have to look at the currently available produces and pick/choose from those that I can actually get my hands on.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:04 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
They sure as hell are an exact copy. I'll stick with my Wards fans, they work great and Jason is absolutely the best if you ever have a problem.
From what I understand, over the past months, "was the best"

Old 02-18-2017, 10:16 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,719 Likes on 1,545 Posts

U.S Service member's home grown implementation of a popular idea (and you can't copyright an idea, only your specific version of it) gets straight up stolen by a competitor.
No one raises an eye lash. People line up to buy because screw it, I need a fan. People doing their part to Make America Great Again. Sweet.

Yeah, I know there are probably other facts at play but screw it, let me remain pissed about it... Just not right.

The following users liked this post:
BrownSanta (02-22-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Ugly, I'm not about to mix it up with your ideas. Others have explained both the Utility Patent as well as the actual chronology of the two companies.

I just want you to know for the record that I served in the U.S. Army in the 1960s. I proudly wore my 410th Engineers (N.Y.C.) patch on my arm and I needn't use it as a sales tool today.

In addition we give a "Thank You For Your Service" discount to all past and present members of the armed services, police, and fire. - Respectfully, Steve

Old 02-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by ILLADELPHFATBOY
I believe the reason was that I and many others while lamenting about Wards disappearance had said many times that the original love jugs were too damn big. In fact it was suggested to Steve to make a smaller version.

So there you go. A smaller version. If its identical to wards externally, oh well. Wards was identical functionally to LJ's original design. Again, oh well.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Yukon42
Yes, I had purchased a fan and had it installed at one time. That is until I decided it wasn't needed. Yeah, I sipped the kool-aid a bit. Oil bud oil cooler on the LRS is a no brainer to protect the engine oil for 5k miles at a time. IMO the MoCo was keeping the cost down on the LRS and decided not to put an oil cooler on it. Figured if they had one on my Ultra Classic (NOT WATER COOLED BTW), it would only be common sense to have one on the LRS's 110 motor. Obviously YOUR opinion differs. Ain't this a great country??!!
Some opinions differ I guess, I have an Ultracool fan assisted oil cooler on my LRS. Today in the lovely gift of mid Feb 50 deg weather Mother Nature gave NY today, I watched my PV report 280 degree engine temps around town. Imagine where that goes when it's 90 out. So yeah, the oil cooler isn't doing much to cool the engine. It's keeping my redline oil happy, but it's not keeping my motor cool. So fans it will be.

The 110 is just stupid hot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Love Jugs Cooling System