Sponsored by:

Boardtracker - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 09:56 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
I've been seeing Boardtracker H-D mentioned on these forums many times as a go-to parts source.

I ordered a set of stubby antennas from them a week ago and haven't heard a peep, not even an acknowledgement that they received my order and payment, let alone any notice of shipment.

WTF's up with that? Anybody else running into problems with them?
Not trying to be a smart ***. But you're first line of resolution is hdforums? Not the vendor? If I don't get any acknowledgement after 24 hours I follow up with an email.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

I just placed an order last Saturday. Got an email right away that my order was confirmed. On Tuesday, I got an email that two parts were backordered and I could cancel those if I wanted. Replied to that email saying that I wanted to cancel the backordered parts.

Just got an email today saying that they refunded me for the canceled parts and are shipping the rest today. Can't beat that.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:25 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Have you checked your junk mail folder. I always get a confirmation email, a order processed email, and an order shipped email.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 AM
knife_edge
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been seeing Boardtracker H-D mentioned on these forums many times as a go-to parts source.

I ordered a set of stubby antennas from them a week ago and haven't heard a peep, not even an acknowledgement that they received my order and payment, let alone any notice of shipment.

How about you make a phone call? It might be on back order. I got all my deliveries from them with no problem and I did have to wait a little because my items were on back order and I called them as well to check on the status. Some times you just have to do that....

Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdnox
most of my inner primary and mid control parts came from them. They don't ship to shops but when i told em i was overseas, The store was mine. In fact i'm going to buy one of their shirts so thanks for reminding me.
Boardtracker - WTF?-shirt-copy.jpg

Old 03-17-2017, 01:28 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Other than their ridiculous shippings costs, I haven't had any issues with them.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:30 PM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Why waste time here? Call or email them! I've had nothing but great response and service from them.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:20 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Ya got that right!

Originally Posted by Bunker
I quit using boardtracker a while back for the same reason, well and they take a long time to ship.

I've been using surdyke.com it's a tad more on some items and less on some others. I also get great service with email notifications on order placement and shipping as well as emails of specials they have.
Yep. I'm done with 'em too. First and last attempt for me. Typical H-D dealership, I guess.

I sent them an email today regarding the order and they refunded my money rather than just ship the parts that they have right there in stock ready to go (and no, I did not flip them any attitude or BS in the email). No notification(s) of any kind from them during any part of the process. I got the refund notice from PayPal.

They must have WAY more business and money than they need/want if they can afford to just let money float away like that. They sure won't get any of either from me in the future.

Screw 'em. There are plenty of other parts suppliers out there that appreciate the business and respect their customers.

Last edited by jpooch00; 03-17-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:40 PM
4D_Footer
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep. I'm done with 'em too. First and last attempt for me. Typical H-D dealership, I guess.

I sent them an email today regarding the order and they refunded my money rather than just ship the parts that they have right there in stock ready to go. No email notification of any kind from them during any part of the process. I got the refund notice from PayPal.

They must have WAY more business and money than they need/want if they can afford to just let money float away like that. They sure won't get any from me!

Screw 'em. There are plenty of other parts suppliers out there that appreciate the business and respect their customers.

What you described has happened to me at other sites. It's not exclusive to an HD dealer or even motorcycle parts dealers. For me, problem has always occurred when I order as a Guest and pay via PP. In those cases your information is not provided to seller's backend and is instead passed through 3rd party eCommerce site to seller. I bet someone in Boardtracker Parts was just being lazy and 1)didn't want to look up your email via PP or 2)didn't put a thorough reason on the cancellation in PP, which would have also notified you.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:45 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Interesting thread - you write to voice your concern. There are a ton of relies suggesting this is not their practice and that is a pretty good outfit.

The one guy that writes says he had a problem - and your response is simply - you are done with them too---first and last. If I were a betting man, I might say that they read these sites just like we do. When their name comes up, I suspect they try to do all they can to satisfy a customer.

In this case, perhaps a speedy refund appeared to be the best possible way to make you happy.

Quick Reply: Boardtracker - WTF?