No comments on my 110 upgrade dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 09:17 PM
TOFTS
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
Default No comments on my 110 upgrade dilemma

from the 110 thread need to make decision soon simplified in my mind anyway

The decisions that I can't decide is all harley parts better when/if I break down 2000 miles from home? When your nearest Harley shop is not that far away,, will they work on Fuel Moto as opposed to all Harley parts upgrade? or f it and leave it alone

I'm thinking Baisley heads pro stock plus porting (my stock heads)and the SE 110ci Kit ( all Harley parts).....I was also thinking Fuel Moto's 110 kit with there ported B class head work either the 777 or 999 cam....(not all Harley parts)

Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

a twin cam is a twin cam brother. Makes no difference what brand pistons or heads you've got running. If it breaks, a dealer can fix it and so can a local indy. What makes you think you'll break down? These motors have been on the road for a long time. They don't just break unless you're riding it like a lunatic at 6000 RPM in the desert and you're a quart low on oil. You'll be fine. Trust your builder. If you're doing it and you're worried about breaking down...might wanna find a builder! lol.

Building an engine to haul *** is getting all the parts to work together and compliment each other. The name stamped on the side of the part is irrelevant. Start with your cam and determine how you ride. Match your heads, throttle body, injectors and pistons to work within those parameters. Your exhaust is just as important to the system you're building if you want to get everything you can out of the motor. A 2 into 1 will always give you a harder pulling torque monster. I'm not sure if that answered your question. One thing is certain, you can't pull a bunch of different parts off a shelf and assume they'll all work together the way you want. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I think there's little doubt that all Harley parts will be a safer bet with more dealers across the country. That said I wouldn't let that deter me because the likelihood of having a problem and getting turned away from a dealer while traveling is pretty slim. As far as what route to take. Well, personally I'm not a big fan of throwing big money at heads on 900 lb. touring bike. Displacement, cam , exhaust and tune for me.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:43 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

If it says Harley Davidson on the gas tank most dealers have seen pretty much any engine combination you could come up with. As for service.....it's still a Harley V twin.

IMHO.....you waaaayyyyy overthinking this. I'd be calling around finding the best bang for my buck not worrying about who's gonna service it.

The following users liked this post:
24v (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 07:12 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Do you have and extended service plan on the bike?

Old 03-25-2017, 09:22 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

If you have a breakdown on the road that needs cylinders, pistons etc. Fuel Moto or any other supplier can get them to you over night.... chances are pretty good the dealer isn't going to do a full engine rebuild right there on the spot anyway... they have other customers.

It wouldn't be a determining factor for me.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sporsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:03 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Thanks for all the responses/advice... yea I'm overthinking again , but it never hurt to get others opinions.... Thanks again

Old 03-25-2017, 05:07 PM
TOFTS
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Do you have and extended service plan on the bike?
yes But already done after market cams but thats reversible and fightable under Moss Errr something Act but increased CI most likely not it lower end goes or piston especially after market.parts,,,, ...

Old 03-25-2017, 07:09 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,722 Likes on 6,886 Posts

Originally Posted by TOFTS
Thanks for all the responses/advice... yea I'm overthinking again , but it never hurt to get others opinions.... Thanks again
You are sure welcome sir, always glad to help and offer my expertise. Oops, I forgot to reply, never mind.

Best of luck on you build. It will be FUN!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:13 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Who is building it and what do they have to say? Who is tuning it and what are their thoughts?

You're over thinking it. If it blows up one the road you're shipping it home in most cases. As mentioned as long as you stick to fairly well known name brand stuff anyone worth their chit knows what they are looking at.

Quick Reply: No comments on my 110 upgrade dilemma