Sponsored by:

louder pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:05 PM
gandydancer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default louder pipes

Got a 2016 FLTRU Road Glide---have a set of screaming eagle pipes and am looking for exhausts with a bit more sound to them---anyone running Full Boar pipes or any thoughts on another brand---thanks

Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Did you swap out the header pipe? Mine sounds much better without the catalytic converter.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:52 AM
BlkDragon
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Look into Turnout exhaust by Freedom Performance....not insanely out but loud enough and looks great.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:30 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Go to your local HD dealer or bike pub on a Saturday, listen until you hear what you like then chat the guy up
Noting beats the in person sound of an exhaust when trying to decide

Old 03-27-2017, 07:09 PM
TOFTS
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

CFR if you want louder pipes good sound

Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM
wskadavis
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought some slip-ons from Amazon called Mutazu. They were inexpensive enough and they had good reviews so I thought I would try them. They are not overboard loud, but they do have that deep rumble I believe all Harey's should have.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:24 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 667 Posts

Kind of hard to tell what you're asking for, other than you're not happy with the pipes you have now.

Are you mainly looking for louder, or better sounding? Those are two very different characteristics in exhaust and not usually found together. From my view very loud/ straight piped exhaust systems (on any vehicle) often sound terrible. echoy/tinny because it just echos off the single pipe its in, and they often hurt performance on street driven vehicles. While some of the best sounding exhaust systems I've herd have been fairly mild volume wise but have excellent tone. Some sort of baffling system works wonders for adding a nice deep "basey" tone that some would say is a rumble, growl, or even thunderous without being annoying at cruising speeds. I'd say check out a Bassani 2-1 pipe, a FuelMoto setup, V&H Rinehart if you want duals, and for sure do something to get rid of the catted head pipes.

Also you might just try getting a catless head pipe if you like the sound you have but just want it a little louder.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 AM
pcmc2
Road Master
Received 6,669 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by wskadavis
I bought some slip-ons from Amazon called Mutazu. They were inexpensive enough and they had good reviews so I thought I would try them. They are not overboard loud, but they do have that deep rumble I believe all Harey's should have.

I bought a set of these and found them too "loud" with the cat-less head pipe on my '14 Limited. They might sound better with the OEM full cat head pipe. I went back to my old V&H slash cuts that I had on my '11 SG with 44k miles on them.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:51 AM
GLW Mike
Club Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

When I bought my Limited last year, I just bought a set of Screaming Eagle slip ons, until I decided on doing air cleaner, cat cut, etc.

I have listened to a bunch and I really like the Cobra 4" Race pros. A few of the Harley service dept guys by me have those and I was able to listen to theirs. Nice low tone. Good volume, but low rumble.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:18 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

What sounds loud to one is not loud enough for another.

What sounds like crap to one sounds really good to another.

Below are a couple of videos of exhaust we have done on bikes that generated Great & Very Good power, plus they are much louder than SE.

These Hi Rollers produce a very deep mellow exhaust note and Very Good power. They look really nice also. See more pics of them HERE.

These modified slip-ons produce more power than any other slip-on we've tested, except for the relatively quiet disc type.

Take a listen-

And here they are on a Stage IV bike...much more aggressive sound-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: louder pipes