Sponsored by:

Harley center stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:34 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Harley center stand

Anyone using HD center stand? Any input on it would be great! I was looking at EZ up stand and found a deal on HD center stand so I went with it.

My biggest concern is putting the bike on the stand, YouTube videos shows to grab on to saddlebag guard and roll on....but I don't have saddlebag guard to hold on....can I roll on to the center stand while I am on the bike? Also I read somewhere that I can ride off the stand like EZ up stand....is that correct?

Any help with my questions are greatly appreciated!

Old 03-27-2017, 07:55 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

if this is the HD stand with adjustable feet that goes under the trans and bolts to the dog bone vs the stand that bolts up front for display purposes, i have one.

the stand is very stable, its an absolute bitch to get the bike up on it, especially if the bike is lowered and its a pain to get the bike off of it.

good news is, in approx 7 years of ownership i have never dragged it in any situation

i like the stand, i typically put the bike up on it while astride the bike and have developed a process where i sit my heel on the bar and stand up which will propel the bike enough to pop it up on the stand. now im not a small guy so if your, a thin person you may have to do something else.

i have never been able to ride off the stand.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,605 Likes on 5,173 Posts

I have the HD one. It hangs on the wall next to the bad Idea box. Just did not work that well . Served no real purposes .

Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bigskyroadglide
if this is the HD stand with adjustable feet that goes under the trans and bolts to the dog bone vs the stand that bolts up front for display purposes, i have one.

the stand is very stable, its an absolute bitch to get the bike up on it, especially if the bike is lowered and its a pain to get the bike off of it.

good news is, in approx 7 years of ownership i have never dragged it in any situation

i like the stand, i typically put the bike up on it while astride the bike and have developed a process where i sit my heel on the bar and stand up which will propel the bike enough to pop it up on the stand. now im not a small guy so if your, a thin person you may have to do something else.

i have never been able to ride off the stand.

Thanks for the input.....I will soon find out how it really supposed to be up without anything to grab onto and pull. I am not a small thin person so that part of it is good.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:39 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by smitty901
I have the HD one. It hangs on the wall next to the bad Idea box. Just did not work that well . Served no real purposes .

I hope you did not pay full price for it to let it hang on the wall....

Old 03-27-2017, 10:25 PM
JustinC13A
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the EZ up stand. I have had it on for about 3 days now and used it every single time I parked! It is really nice when getting gas too. Totally worth it.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 AM
MMCSKPD
Intermediate
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the Harley center stand on my 2017 Road King. Easy to get the bike on the stand. A little harder to get it down. I really love it. Very stable.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:56 AM
dentdave
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the EZ up stand, got it at bike week. So far so good.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:20 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,605 Likes on 5,173 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkDragon
I hope you did not pay full price for it to let it hang on the wall....
49 years of this , that is the highest priced item that ever went in the bad idea box. No I had gotten a good discount on it. Just because something is not right for mew don't mean someone else may think it is great. Like that silly *** back rest I just hand it off to someone when the time is right.

Left side hanging on last row.

Last edited by smitty901; 03-28-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkDragon
Anyone using HD center stand? Any input on it would be great! I was looking at EZ up stand and found a deal on HD center stand so I went with it.

My biggest concern is putting the bike on the stand, YouTube videos shows to grab on to saddlebag guard and roll on....but I don't have saddlebag guard to hold on....can I roll on to the center stand while I am on the bike? Also I read somewhere that I can ride off the stand like EZ up stand....is that correct?

Any help with my questions are greatly appreciated!
Please see my post about the EZ Up stand, I love this thing.

Quick Reply: Harley center stand