2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment & Iphone 4 has anyone....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 Infotainment & Iphone 4 has anyone....

Hi, Has anyone figured out how to get text messages on the 2014 infotainment from their iPhone? I can send and receive calls but I cant figure out the text messaging. I did call the "Mothership " and got nowhere, all they said is"it should work"

Thanks

Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
guitarhawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to go to my settings and make sure all notifications, etc. were turned on. After that, when I get a text, a small message icon appears at the bottom of the infotainment screen.

I have not been successful in sending an auto-reply from the bike...I have it set up in the infotainment unit, but it doesn't send. I think it has something to do with either my phone settings, or my iphone 4s isn't capable of doing that.

If anyone knows how to get this to work, let me know.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarhawg
I had to go to my settings and make sure all notifications, etc. were turned on. After that, when I get a text, a small message icon appears at the bottom of the infotainment screen.

I have not been successful in sending an auto-reply from the bike...I have it set up in the infotainment unit, but it doesn't send. I think it has something to do with either my phone settings, or my iphone 4s isn't capable of doing that.

If you woulnt mind, could you let me know exactly how your settings (on your phone ) read? Did you turn off imessage? I found on another post to do that but then I cant even receive a text on the phone.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would also be interested in seeing your Iphone settings so I could get my message to work on bike. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just tried setting all settings as mentioned. No text nor auto reply. I have the '14 SGS and do receive calls that I ALWAYS ignore but it is nice to know who called to call back when I stop but text messages don't come through at all and no auto reply. I input "Will call you later as I'm rollin' on my Harley" but it doesn't go out. I tried disabling the iMessage but no change. Real bummer, this would be a cool feature to auto send text.

Anyone have success in making this function work yet? Any suggestions or ideas?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Luvgoinfast
Novice

I had a guy telling me about it but I have Galaxy S4 and just listen to music from Bluetooth. Every time I plug mine in it doesn't work go figure.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:53 PM
guitarhawg
Advanced

Settings>Messages>: iMessage = off, MMS and Group Messaging = on, Show subject field and character count = off.

Now remember, I don't hear a sound or get a big flashy notification when a text comes through...I just get a small text icon at the bottom of the screen towards the right side...kinda looks like the "quote" icon at the top of the Quick Reply toolbar here...

I just go to Comm then phone, and it shows the inbox...click on it and it reads my message.

My main issue remains that I can't work out why my phone won't auto reply...THAT I wanna know.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this same problem and my dealer contacted HD and got in touch with an engineer and was told that HD would test the problem and get back with the dealer. After a couple days my dealer gave me a call and said that the HD engineer contacted him back and conformed that there is a software glitch in the Infotainment system and that HD will start on a download to fix that issue, and they plan on having it released and on the HD website in the next couple of weeks or so.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Settings>Messages>: iMessage = off, MMS and Group Messaging = on, Show subject field and character count = off.

Now remember, I don't hear a sound or get a big flashy notification when a text comes through...I just get a small text icon at the bottom of the screen towards the right side...kinda looks like the "quote" icon at the top of the Quick Reply toolbar here...

I just go to Comm then phone, and it shows the inbox...click on it and it reads my message.

My main issue remains that I can't work out why my phone won't auto reply...THAT I wanna know.
Thanks for info. I'll see if that works for me.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

OK...so for all the members and posts we see/read bitching about cage drivers texting and now this surfaces...priceless!

Better not see one 2014 rider bitch about texting/driving ever again...

Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment & Iphone 4 has anyone....