2014+ Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014+ Touring Models Only
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)

Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM
wesslvm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT_HD
Went out and got my 2" Pullback bars from Harley this morning. This will be my 4th Ultra to get them. I'm 5'8" and I've always had to ride slightly leaned forward with both hands on the bars, and have to lean a lot more when doing full lock turns. Bars used are Part # 56176-08 I did not get ANY extra stuff regardless of what the parts guys will tell you.
JT,

Just wanted to confirm, did you need any wire extenders and if so which ones? I've ordered same bar for my '14 LTD and I want to stay with internal wires.

Thanks!

Wes

Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wesslvm
JT,

Just wanted to confirm, did you need any wire extenders and if so which ones? I've ordered same bar for my '14 LTD and I want to stay with internal wires.

Thanks!

Wes
Nope, no extensions needed. There is about a FOOT of extra wiring for the Twist Grip sensor, and the Heated grip wiring (both are internal wiring) the switch housings each have a 4 wire harness that runs external of the bars on the LTD and have about 4-6" of extra harness.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

This bike is a bit easier than previous years.

However after about 4-5 hours of riding I was still developing the pain in the neck and between the shoulder blades from having my head tilted up slightly due to the reach.

After riding today about 8 hours, I no longer had any pain, and was able to recline back against the backrest and relax, both feet up on the highway pegs, and both hands on the bars with arms relaxed.
Great descriptive writeup JT. Hope to put your theory to the test as I just had the bars changed out about a month ago but too much snow to test ride the result.

Lobo

Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 PM
wesslvm
Advanced

Nope, no extensions needed. There is about a FOOT of extra wiring for the Twist Grip sensor, and the Heated grip wiring (both are internal wiring) the switch housings each have a 4 wire harness that runs external of the bars on the LTD and have about 4-6" of extra harness.
Thank you, nice job on the pics!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 AM
14Glide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great writeup, thanks. I'm having to reach a little too far with the stock bars but don't want apes. Being a do-it-yourselfer I'll give it a shot

Old 02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
HDReiter
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM
14Glide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

For those of you who want to put these on a street glide, I just put the 2" pullbacks on my 2014 FLHXS this past weekend. As JT HD said there is adequate length in the stock wiring and hydraulic lines. I think the fairing is the same as the Ultra except there weren't as many accessories to unplug. As JT pointed out there is a slight rubbing of the tank by the brake and clutch lines with the stock position of the banjo nuts. One other thing I noted is the base of the pullback bars is 1.5-2 inches wider than the stock bars so they do not fit exactly in the handlebar channels in the fairing. Not sure if the distance on the prior years fairings measure different. I positioned them about 1/4-1/2 inch from the fairing and the height of the grips was just perfect for me. This could be an issue for someone who wants them higher. The additional 1.5-2" of pullback pretty much eliminated the reaching issue for me. Also, I am able to see with the stock mirrors. Took me about 4 hours to do. Thanks again JT HD.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
AdvLobby
Intermediate

I'm glad you did this write up. I've only had my Ultra for 500 miles, but I could use a couple of inches pullback on the bars.

Maybe I'll do this later...

Old 03-13-2014, 10:09 PM
jrgraves3e
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone should make a video on this install.

The following users liked this post:
TimLScheffer (08-22-2016)
Old 03-14-2014, 12:07 AM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Do these bars come in black?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)