Sponsored by:

2014 TK License Plate relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
MPD302
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 TK License Plate relocation

Has anyone seen a part out there where I can take the license plate from its currently mounted position above the tail light and relocate it to below the tail light (similar to the Street Glide or Road King). I would absolutely love to find the lay back LED tail light with the bracket included to round out the rear end of this bike.

I have recently added the quick detach kit for the tour pack and bike looks beautiful with the exception of the license plate just screaming... "HEY, LOOK AT ME... I LOOK STUPID HERE NOW".

Old 03-02-2014, 08:30 AM
roadkingdoc
Cruiser

looks ugly where ever it's at. i like the mufflers!! i put a street glide fender on my ultra.

Last edited by roadkingdoc; 03-02-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD302
Has anyone seen a part out there where I can take the license plate from its currently mounted position above the tail light and relocate it to below the tail light (similar to the Street Glide or Road King). I would absolutely love to find the lay back LED tail light with the bracket included to round out the rear end of this bike. I have recently added the quick detach kit for the tour pack and bike looks beautiful with the exception of the license plate just screaming... "HEY, LOOK AT ME... I LOOK STUPID HERE NOW".
I agree.

http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/i...exhaust-1.html

Attached Thumbnails 2014 TK License Plate relocation-image-223343901.jpg  

Last edited by offthewall; 03-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM
coolbluesman
4th Gear

I like your turn signals. How much wire is visible and how secure are they? Brightness versus taillight? Thanks!

Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I really hated the one that came with the turn signal kit, so I made my own.
Sorry about the sideways pictures, can't figure out how to turn them!!

Attached Thumbnails 2014 TK License Plate relocation-2014-3-.jpg   2014 TK License Plate relocation-2014-13.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Has anyone seen a part out there where I can take the license plate from its currently mounted position above the tail light and relocate it to below the tail light (similar to the Street Glide or Road King). I would absolutely love to find the lay back LED tail light with the bracket included to round out the rear end of this bike.

I have recently added the quick detach kit for the tour pack and bike looks beautiful with the exception of the license plate just screaming... "HEY, LOOK AT ME... I LOOK STUPID HERE NOW".

That looks really sharp (minus the license plate). Did you go with a Streetglide seat? Are the lights on the saddle bags run/turn/brake? Nice job!

Lobo

Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Mr_King
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

MPD302: That is a beautiful bike.. Looking to get same one soon. Do you have any more pictures with tour pac off? Also, thinking of moving plate but not sure how the clear lens pointing up will be solved. I thought I read somewhere another models one could be interchanged.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr_King
MPD302: That is a beautiful bike.. Looking to get same one soon. Do you have any more pictures with tour pac off? Also, thinking of moving plate but not sure how the clear lens pointing up will be solved. I thought I read somewhere another models one could be interchanged.
HD makes both standard and LED tail lights without the plate illumination window. Check out the photo of mine earlier in this thread. I've got the HD LED taillight without the top window.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Mr_King
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
HD makes both standard and LED tail lights without the plate illumination window. Check out the photo of mine earlier in this thread. I've got the HD LED taillight without the top window.
I will have a look at you picture when I get enough BS points. Is yours below the taillight or offset on the bag (as in your link)?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:39 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr_King
I will have a look at you picture when I get enough BS points. Is yours below the taillight or offset on the bag (as in your link)?
Offset using the native custom baggers mount.

Quick Reply: 2014 TK License Plate relocation