Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LRS windshield thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:28 PM
rob_low0228
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another LRS windshield thread

So, my stock 10" windshield was giving me crazy buffeting over 50mph. Mind you, I'm 6'2" and sit tall on the seat. It was so bad that I would get dizzy after a few miles, even with the vent open. So, after reading a ton of reviews, I went with a 12" LRS Ultra Elite clear. The shield came quickly, in perfect condition. The install was simple (three screws), so I slapped it on during my lunch break. Wow, what a difference. Goodbye buffeting! I might have went a tad too high and might have gotten away with a 11", but I wanted to be safe since that's only .5 inch higher than stock, despite the recurve. Vent open or closed, no buffeting. It's kinda in my line of sight, since it sits more vertical, but so worth it. I'm speechless, great product. Thanks to all the reviews here and I hope this helps.

Pros:
No buffeting
Great quality
Great wind protection

Cons:
Slight glare in the curve

Again, overall, a great product. I would highly recommend this shield.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

For those wishing to see other options; I just installed a new Clearview on my 14 FLHTK and love it! Thread link below

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-14-flhtk.html

Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm 6' and installed a 7" LRS Ultra Shield. Being a street glide, the seat is lower and I'm 2" shorter so apples to apples you would probably want a 10" minimum or 11" as mine could easily be taller.

Mine works great too. Happy trails!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine just shipped out today. I think they got them etcher back. All etched shields were on hold. Got the 8" LRS and I am 5'9". Hoping it is the correct size for my FLHXS. Looking forward to putting it on and going for a LONG ride!

Old 04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Clearview

I really liked my LRS on my last bike. So I ordered a clearview this time and got shipping notice yesterday. So I will chip in advice on the clearview when I get it installed on tues April 8th.
Hap

Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered and installed the LRS 9" Gray tint on mine. I am 5'8" and it works great. I can see over very easily and through it no problem. It is below my line of sight. I am thinking I probably should have gone an inch or two taller and still have been ok.

I looked at the Clearview, they looked nice, but were a little more expensive than the LRS, and I didn't see that they offered any discounts to HDForum members.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Just installed a LRS 10" dark tint recurve.. I took it for a ride tonight, awesome shield. There is no buffeting at all. Seems a lot better than the stock one was and I didn't really have complaints with it. I would recommend the LRS!!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

7 inch LRS on a 2014 SG works good for normal riding, but a little buffeting at 100 MPH.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
Just installed a LRS 10" dark tint recurve.. I took it for a ride tonight, awesome shield. There is no buffeting at all. Seems a lot better than the stock one was and I didn't really have complaints with it. I would recommend the LRS!!
Bigboyride, did you find the LRS 10" to be approximately the same height as the stock 10" one on your FLHTK or was there a little difference that you could tell? Thanks!

Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

It seems to be the same height. I feel like I look over the top about the same distance. But I can feel the difference in the wind, it totally forces the air higher above my head.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another LRS windshield thread