Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 2014 Road King owners.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 PM
HarleyQC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for 2014 Road King owners.

Hi, is anyone among you might have connected an accessory using an orange wire and a black wire which might be under the nacelle? I have read that they can be found on models from previous years and I'm trying to confirm if they are also on the 2014 before disassembling the headlight. Looking from the rear of the nacelle,on both sides, I can’t see them.

If you are looking for current under the nacelle you may want to look at this post I started on ‘’touring Models’’ https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/955966-name-that-connector.html. Thanks

Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 AM
klink58
Advanced
Default New King

I'm no expert but I believe that black wires are usually power.I have noticed that the extras that I have installed all had a black wire involved.You also have the auxiliary switch on the nacelle.is that any good to you?
Nice bike.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:51 AM
HarleyQC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by klink58
I'm no expert but I believe that black wires are usually power.I have noticed that the extras that I have installed all had a black wire involved.You also have the auxiliary switch on the nacelle.is that any good to you?
Nice bike.
Black wire are usually ground, i have checked this socket and the current is in the blue wire. I know about the auxiliary switch on the right side, to be able to use that switch you have to buy a $24.00 ($30.00 + tx in Canada) connector http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ion-update-kit and wire your accessorie from the front, in my case a GPS, to the left side under the fuses panel. Dont understand why we cant use a socket that is right there under the nacelle.

Last edited by HarleyQC; 04-11-2014 at 08:08 AM.