Sponsored by:

Another Dealership story

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Dealership story

So finally after days of posts here and reading I decide to go with the Vince &Hines Twin Slash ovals . I found some really good videos comparing them with stock exhausts . And I liked that you can switch the baffles just in case .

So I did some internet searching for the best price and then remembered I had a gift certificate from the dealer I bought the Ultra from plus they give a 10% discount .

I called the dealership during my lunch break and I was all excited about my purchase . They put me though to the parts counter and asked them about the pipes they said sure we can get the slip on's I asked about the discount and the gift certificate he said sure I can use it .

Now the sad I said great let me give you my credit card info so you can order the mufflers in then he dropped the bomb . Sorry we can't take credit cards over the phone you have to come in and purchase them then we order them .

Not a big deal problem is I live two hours from the dealer so he wants me to ride two hours up two hours back . Then do it again when the mufflers come in . I couldn't believe it I don't have a problem taking the ride it's the credit card part that I couldn't believe .

Between gas and tolls it would actually cost me more money to buy the mufflers from them plus tax . Back to the internet for the order .

Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 PM
DBLXX
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No surprise to me. They ALL suck moist ***.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a pain, but it's also protecting card holders from fraud.

Someone got a hold of my card number while I was on a Fly/Drive trip with my son looking at colleges. We went to check into a hotel (we had reservations) and the desk clerk informed me my card was declined. I called HDVisa and sure enough, there were charges attempted on the card that "didn't fit my buying profile".
I found it amazing (and a bit scary) they knew my spending habits and the charges didn't match.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have to admit one thing traveling two hours away from my local dealerships I saved myself some money on the purchase of my new Ultra . But one thing has nothing to do with another .

Old 04-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a nice ride to get there...? I've been known to ride 2 hrs just for lunch.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
jimmy1439
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I won't take sides on this since I am very happy with my local dealer...but as someone who has had money lifted from his account and went through the hell that is brought on in that situation, I understand both sides. To this day, I don't know how the information fell into the wrong hands, but it could have been during a phone transaction...who knows. The dealer is just trying to make sure he is not on the other end of the line from a criminal. It is a hassle, but trust me, it is less of a hassle than criminals create. As far as I am concerned, the death penalty is ok for people who do that type of thing to other people.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Dan h
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two hours ain't nuttin I live 4 1/2 hrs away from my dealer and I have to go there next week for my first checkup. At least the weather will be nice.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:23 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLXX
No surprise to me. They ALL suck moist ***.
.....and...AND...c'mon DBL, don't make us pull it outta ya!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered stuff from my local dealer over the phone and they actully delivered it to my work.

But, if you want to order online, www.kutterharleyonline.com has the best price I have seen for vance and hines products. I am waiting on power duals and an FP3 right now from them and they blew away the pricing on ebay etc.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:36 PM
DBLXX
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
.....and...AND...c'mon DBL, don't make us pull it outta ya!!!
(I love you guys)

MY DEALER CHARGED ME $21 IN LABOR TO SCREW ON MY SHORTY ANTENNA

Quick Reply: Another Dealership story