Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth Renewing HOG for ATT discount?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:03 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Worth Renewing HOG for ATT discount?

I have apparently become a member of HOG for a year and ATT hs a good discount program for HOG Members, I am not interested in going to meetings and especially do not care for group rides.

But it seems like a good benefit if someone is with ATT Wireless

Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 AM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I joined HOG a couple of years ago only for the roadside assistance package. I have yet to need it, but you never know.
As far as AT&T, you can do better elsewhere. If they would stop spending so much $$ on advertising, imagine how much cheaper their plans could be.

Now to the important stuff...
How do you like the Wild Pigs?
A riding buddy has them, anduntil now, he's been the only person I knew of.

TIA

Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

My employer offers similar discounts for ATT and Verizon, slightly better rate that thru HOG. Those discounts are not all that hard to get if you look around a little.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:05 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

You don't join HOG for the discounts.
(LIFE member I am.)

Old 04-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Keep HOG and ditch ATT. Check out Straight talk,Yes You have to buy Your phone but after it's paid for it's $45.00 a month for data,text and talk.With the money You have left You can buy bling for Your bike.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:40 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 01XLH
I joined HOG a couple of years ago only for the roadside assistance package. I have yet to need it, but you never know.
As far as AT&T, you can do better elsewhere. If they would stop spending so much $$ on advertising, imagine how much cheaper their plans could be.

Now to the important stuff...
How do you like the Wild Pigs?
A riding buddy has them, anduntil now, he's been the only person I knew of.

TIA
I bought them as a cheap option for the FLRH because I knew I was not going to keep that bike and i need more sound to dampen the valve clatter.
I thought I was going to trade for an Indian as a replacement so i did not want to spend $600 on Slip ons or a Stage I

When the Indian dealer asked for $12k PLUS my RK I went back to Harley to look at thier $23000 bikes and they offered $14500 for mine which put me in a $26,000 bike for the same cash outlay. And a whole lot better bike than the Chieftain IMO. I was stoked to say the least.

Because this bike is a keeper I will spend money on it. but i transferred the pipes and they sound better on this bike. (Cam change?) I had ordered a 2" baffle for a little more boom. It's coming today. I think i will keep these pipes.

I found them doing a search here for $200 slip Ons. I recommend them. I can replace them but I have no good reason to spend $400 more unless they discolor which I do not see any signs of. IF I did not like them i likely could sell them for $130 on Ebay. I would have to hear a bike I like better with name brand slip ons during bike week to do that

Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harttoo
Keep HOG and ditch ATT. Check out Straight talk,Yes You have to buy Your phone but after it's paid for it's $45.00 a month for data,text and talk.With the money You have left You can buy bling for Your bike.
I always bought our phones. We use International versions of the Note and the S3 . ATT sees them as dumo phones. We don;t pay for Smart phone rates but get the same data plans at dumb phone rates,

I have heard good and bad about Straight talk. My wife uses her phone for business and is afraid to switch carriers and get that number transfer messed up. We are paying $90 for two phones with 2GB shared we rarely use even 1 GB of Carrier data.

I guess I was wondering what the benefits of joining HOG is other than the ATT discount. I have no other way to get a discount I don't work anymore.

Originally Posted by gusotto
(LIFE member I am.)
So what do you join for?

Last edited by TenMidgets; 04-30-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gusotto
(LIFE member I am.)
From what others have stated in previous posts, you don't join for the benefits either.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:08 PM
spr0k3t
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get your cell discounts elsewhere, more often than not, it will end up being cheaper. Sorry to hear that you are stuck with att.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Stuck with ATT??? I've had them for many many years, no issues here, went with another carrier for two days, worst calling issues ever. I get a 24% discount from ATT

Quick Reply: Worth Renewing HOG for ATT discount?