Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup Holder

Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief1102
I bought the Kruzer Caddy and on checking the instructions and hardware, it had nothing like what is pictured on page 1, simply 2 rings that mounted to the handlebar. There must be a new model that attaches to the perch as you show in your photo. That is how the Kuryakyn holder that I bought attaches.
I believe the Kruzer Caddy comes in two configurations. One for the perch and the other that you have. I think the one with the rings is more of a universal fit, if I recall correctly. I had the one that fits onto the perch. Ended up in the trash. Didn't care for it.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenbo
For a c-note, I'll continue to keep a water bottle in my saddlebag. Now that you can open it with one hand, it works for me.
You got that right. I drink coffee before heading to work and like you said i can just grab my water bottle out of the bags if i need to drink. Ironically i've never been much concerned with drinking when riding. Towns around here are rarely 50 miles apart. Even traveling cross country you rarely have a 100 miles that does not have a stop. These MC cupholders are outrageous from a price perspective.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:40 PM
BigTinVA
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrollin
I tried the Kruzer Caddy and it bent under the weight of a my HydroFlask. This is what I ended up doing. One of those Ram Bolts with a $15 cup holder. Works great! I have had no issues.
slowrollin, I'd like to know more about the components used for your setup if you don't mind sharing. And where did you buy the parts? Thanks.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:49 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the Hog Trough set up on mine for both lowers, I can make somebody a good deal on .

Old 01-14-2017, 06:12 PM
wmprof
Road Master
Received 1,262 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Shep68
And btw if any Limited owners were thinking of this: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/rider-cup-holder Forget it. HD was selling them as compatible w/ the '14 Limited's but have since stopped (as noted in the reviews section). I tried it and after much pain and anguish did get it mounted to the down tube but it didn't sit right. Kept hitting my ankle and rubbed on the lowers. There is one member here who got it mounted and liked it (can't remember his handle) but I did not. Just an FYI for any future cup holder searchers.
Put one on my 14 limited. Works great. Slight modification necessary to fit, but anything worthwhile requires same. Had a bike with handlebar mounted holder once, took it off and threw in drawer. Not my "cup" of tea...

Old 01-15-2017, 08:09 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTinVA
slowrollin, I'd like to know more about the components used for your setup if you don't mind sharing. And where did you buy the parts? Thanks.
Actually bought it at Rolling Thunder in DC last year. Some guy at a booth was selling them. Since then, I've seen him at Roar to the Shore and the International Motorcycle Shows. It's just one of those cheap quick release cup holders you can buy at just about any shop or show. They cost about $15 bucks. I had been using one of those for a couple of years without issue, but the bracket that attaches it to the handlebar didn't look very good. This guy simply removed that bracket and replaced it with a 1 inch Ram Mount Ball with a female end going into a Ram Double Socket Short Composite Arm for 1 inch Ram Mount Ball at the top, and then a 1 in Ram Mount Ball with a male end at that bottom of that. That male in goes through the third hole of the perch mounting bracket and has a cap nut on the back of it. I didn't see the perch on Ram's site, but I don't think it would be hard to find. It's shaped like a triangle and has three holes. 2 holes for the clutch screws and one for the ball I mentioned. There are also two barrel spacers needed. They go between the perch mount and the clutch housing. You need that cause the clutch housing isn't flat. The picture with the cup is just to show you what the perch mount looks like. It looks like that, minus that cup. Also, those silver spaces you see are black on mine. The pictures of the ***** may not be the exact ones, but that gives you an idea of what you need. I carry two cups. I have a 21 oz Hydro Flask for cold stuff. It keeps ice water cold for a full day. Seriously, in 100 degree weather, you'll still have ice in this thing after 5 or 6 hours and the water will still be cold long after that. I bought a different 16 oz model of the HydroFlask for hot drinks so I can have my coffee when I want it. One is wider than the other, but they both fit in this setup like a glove and they don't vibrate or anything.

Attached Thumbnails Cup Holder-ram-socket.jpg   Cup Holder-cupholder.jpeg   Cup Holder-cup-holder-2.jpeg   Cup Holder-ram-b.jpg   Cup Holder-ram.jpg  

Last edited by slowrollin; 01-15-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:39 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawg 689
Try this link www.glassact.com

Have used this for 9 years with no issues
Comes in 2 sizes. Very durable

Jim

I have to agree... Best cup I have found, keep ice in drinks all day... well made.

Be Safe JIM

Old 01-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Opossum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJIM1158
I have to agree... Best cup I have found, keep ice in drinks all day... well made.

Be Safe JIM
Definitely THE best and take the top off and the jumbo Yeti or Rtic cup slips right in, but no need for either with this, as stated even in Texas heat lasts all day long. On road trips when I tell my baby bride I gonna only have one cocktail this sippy cup is the best.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 AM
BlueTK
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief1102
Just put the Kuryakyn Universal Cup Holder on my '14 FLHTK. It attaches to the clutch/brake perches. Good quality, saved $11 by ordering from Amazon. Sits at kind of a jaunty angle compared to the $100 BMW Cup Holder on my K12LT (got spoiled by that one!). I think I can get used to it, came with a stainless thermal cup. Looked at the Kruzer Caddy, but didn't think it would work with the hard brake/hydraulic lines. Good Luck!
I think I have what you have. It's basically a peg that replaces one of the switch housing screws and a ring snaps onto it. It came with a stainless insulated mug but any tapered cup will work. I use it frequently for holding the styrofoam drink cups from convenenience stores or the disposable cups from coffee shops. When not in use it simply unsnaps and stows in one of the saddle bags. Then you just have the peg showing.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Drew4302
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
If you look back at my pictures, the controls are clearly not covered up.
how did you bend the bracket?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cup Holder