Sponsored by:

MMC Seats ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MMC Seats ?

Looking for opinions if anyone had there seat modified by Mean City Cycles. I have a 2014 Limited and thinking about having them install one of their Gel Pads. Any opinions is appreciated .

Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll find tons of folks here that have had their seats modified by MCC. Most are satisfied although there are some that have not gotten their desired results. My personal experience was good. I achieved what I was needing. I didn't opt for the gel padding but they did the Super Narrow mod for $135 plus shipping for me. Dropped me about 2 inches and changed to memory foam. I am pleased. have done some 450 mile rides so far, have about 9K miles on the bike with about 7K of those with the MCC mod and am VERY happy with mine....YMMV.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:10 AM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Had MCC do the same to my 14 SGS as Rockgeezer had done, extremely happy with the results, I highly recommend them

Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Beagletim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get my seat back in a few days and will let you know the outcome.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Just put mine on yesterday from them. I'm not really sure how I like it. The seat push's me forward quite a bit, but I did not request that done. The left side of the seat I think my butt bottoms out slightly, as I think I fell a small pressure point the size of a half dollar or coffee coaster. I only have 50 miles on it, so I'll see how it goes. As far as the contour of the seat, it fits well. Cradles my butt fairly well.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:12 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was going to do mcc mod almost pulled the trigger but wanted heat and passenger mod with head so I tried a gell pad first hated it then went to the air hawk that is worth the $ in my book but it's a pain to deal with on a daily braces I may still use in for long trips , plan b heated hammock (2014) demo seat 250 mile ride built in suspension great but this bike does not need that at all it is a great bike comfort not so good just a little better then stock ( which sucks ) on the the sundowner (heated) 200 mile ride with wife on the back firm seat comfortable for me a little discomfort after the ride but I could develop a callus for the seat and be happy but the wife hated it . so the heated corbin on my 2009 street glide I liked but it did not fit the 14 at all and she did not like it but the changes in the 14 corbin looked promising so I pulled the trigger and the changed in the passenger seat 100% better then the 09 version and the rider seat is great only one setting on the heat but I can live with that longest ride to date 450 miles a day and no problem at all very happy

Old 07-24-2014, 06:21 AM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Great service & I'm now very comfortable cramming my 6'4" frame into my softail.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
Just put mine on yesterday from them. I'm not really sure how I like it. The seat push's me forward quite a bit, but I did not request that done. The left side of the seat I think my butt bottoms out slightly, as I think I fell a small pressure point the size of a half dollar or coffee coaster. I only have 50 miles on it, so I'll see how it goes. As far as the contour of the seat, it fits well. Cradles my butt fairly well.
I just sent mine in for the narrow seat mod...to lower me 2 inches..change the pad...but NOT change my rider position. I would call them back if the seat pushes you forward and you didn't ask for that mod and let them know about it.....I am sure they will work with you to send it back and let them correct it

Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
I just sent mine in for the narrow seat mod...to lower me 2 inches..change the pad...but NOT change my rider position. I would call them back if the seat pushes you forward and you didn't ask for that mod and let them know about it.....I am sure they will work with you to send it back and let them correct it
I agree - I would also return it. Not to "hijack" this thread, but hogowner69can you post results on your narrow seat mod. With a 30" inseam, I am considering the same mod. To the OP, I have had MCC do my last 5 seats on my Harleys. I HIGHLY recommend them. FANTASTIC to deal with to say the least.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Pastor Ron
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I plus our Doxie just did a 3,275 mile trip on the 14 ultra limited. We have to do something for sure. Especially before the RFTW 2015.

Quick Reply: MMC Seats ?