Sponsored by:

Any changes seen in the update?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:19 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief1102
I've seen some posts about the "Canada default." What does this mean? I bought my 14 FLHTK in Michigan and rode back to NY. I inputted my home address and hit the Go Home button. 50-75 miles later, I had the sneaking suspicion that I was being routed through Canada, when I was seeing a lot of signs for Detroit. I was dealing with a learning curve with the new InfoTainment system and stopped to try to square away my route, as I'd not elected to bring a passport. I set a course for the Waffle House east of Cleveland and the GPS started pushing me south to I-80 and then to I-90, which after a stellar dinner at the WH, was my best route back home.
If I hop on my bike right now, I can't use my voice activation to find an address. My nav screen will tell me something like, "Not ready yet". That will keep happening until I go in and manually change the country in my navigation to USA from Canada.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:12 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief1102
I've seen some posts about the "Canada default." What does this mean? I bought my 14 FLHTK in Michigan and rode back to NY. I inputted my home address and hit the Go Home button. 50-75 miles later, I had the sneaking suspicion that I was being routed through Canada, when I was seeing a lot of signs for Detroit. I was dealing with a learning curve with the new InfoTainment system and stopped to try to square away my route, as I'd not elected to bring a passport. I set a course for the Waffle House east of Cleveland and the GPS started pushing me south to I-80 and then to I-90, which after a stellar dinner at the WH, was my best route back home.
I had the same problem with my zumo, it is fastest to cut through Canada in some places and can't believe there is no setting for "don't leave this country" seems like it would be good to have as we did not have our passports with us or insurance for leaving the country. I changed from fastest to shortest route and still wanted to go through
Canada, Mike

Old 08-28-2014, 12:20 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc115
I had the same problem with my zumo, it is fastest to cut through Canada in some places and can't believe there is no setting for "don't leave this country" seems like it would be good to have as we did not have our passports with us or insurance for leaving the country. I changed from fastest to shortest route and still wanted to go through
Canada, Mike
There is a setting to avoid crossing international borders.

It's under the Avoidances section of the route calculation.

Attached Thumbnails Any changes seen in the update?-img_0071.jpg  
Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Jagpanzer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Limited shipped with 17.5 and was manufactured in June. I could never get the screen to change from day to night mode no matter what I did. I could manually change the colors so I could tell there was a difference, but it never did it on its own.

After I installed the 18.1 upgraded I shut the lights off in the garage and within 30 seconds or so it flipped to night mode. I know of stories about getting it back into day mode but I haven't ridden the bike since the update to know if that'll be an issue or not.

I'm curious if AVC is a little better as well as the bass changes. The AVC would be about on full tilt until you slowed down to about 8-10mph or so. Then it'd get quiet.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall

My problem was my zumo 665 did not have that, lots of avoidance's but not that basic one. Post it! Harley has one up on Garmin for all the haters. Mike

Old 08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDave24v
I installed the update today. I see exactly zero changes in anything.
Same here. But at least I didn't lose the maps like others did.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:44 AM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagpanzer
My Limited shipped with 17.5 and was manufactured in June. I could never get the screen to change from day to night mode no matter what I did. I could manually change the colors so I could tell there was a difference, but it never did it on its own.

After I installed the 18.1 upgraded I shut the lights off in the garage and within 30 seconds or so it flipped to night mode. I know of stories about getting it back into day mode but I haven't ridden the bike since the update to know if that'll be an issue or not.

I'm curious if AVC is a little better as well as the bass changes. The AVC would be about on full tilt until you slowed down to about 8-10mph or so. Then it'd get quiet.
I have 1.17.4, and if I start the bike in a parking garage where it is dark, it starts up in night mode. It will not switch back to day mode at all by itself, need to shut down and restart. If in Day Mode and going through a tunnel that is long enough (15 seconds?) it goes to night mode and won't switch back. This is annoying, obviously. Hope 1.18.1 solves this. In the meantime I have set it to always be in day mode.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Jagpanzer
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcw999
I have 1.17.4, and if I start the bike in a parking garage where it is dark, it starts up in night mode. It will not switch back to day mode at all by itself, need to shut down and restart. If in Day Mode and going through a tunnel that is long enough (15 seconds?) it goes to night mode and won't switch back. This is annoying, obviously. Hope 1.18.1 solves this. In the meantime I have set it to always be in day mode.
Mine was always in day mode too. But because of how I sit (or slouch may be the better term) I would get a wicked glare off of the inside of the shield at night. Manually changing it to night mode did help. I'm hoping that when I add the windshield bags that it'll stick out far enough to block the light coming up from the unit so I can get rid of the glare as it's right in the center of my sight line. Wish I was taller or had better posture so I could be looking up and over the shield.... I've thought about a shorter shield but it feels like it'd have to be really short for me to be looking over it based on where I look through the current one.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

My display came on really dim,maybe this is night mode.I went into settings Display and set automatic to on.Beyond that I notice no difference.AVC still abruptly works.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:09 AM
WaucondaRider
Tourer

Originally Posted by offthewall

Hmmm....Maybe I can use that to keep me out of Wisconsin!

Quick Reply: Any changes seen in the update?