Sponsored by:

Weird problem with 6.5 infotainment using iPod

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Weird problem with 6.5 infotainment using iPod

A few problems I'm noticing are when I start the bike, sometimes the iPod (Nano, iPhone and Classic iPod, I've tried them all) won't be recognized. It will show up, but the playlist/songs won't play until I shut the bike down and then start again. Also, when I create a single "Favorite" with the lower left push button below the "Home" button, it will retain the memory of that favorite until I shut down and restart. Then, the memory of the favorite button is gone. This is all intermittent. I've installed the new version and everything else is good. I've even tried 3 different iPod/USB cables so know it's not that. Any ideas or is anybody else experiencing this?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:27 PM
fatboy27573
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the same issue. It will play and in the middle of a song it will cut off or start on another song. Today it wouldn't play at all, just showed the song on the screen. I guess I will have to try just a flash drive with the songs downloaded on it. Let me know if you find out what the fix is.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fatboy27573
I'm getting the same issue. It will play and in the middle of a song it will cut off or start on another song. Today it wouldn't play at all, just showed the song on the screen. I guess I will have to try just a flash drive with the songs downloaded on it. Let me know if you find out what the fix is.
Sorry to say it but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe a fix is on the way then. I think it may be an issue with the iPod not starting up soon enough at times and that's why it's intermittent. I wonder if anybody that's using a thumb drive for music has this issue? I bet not. I think the "Favorite" button problem I've noticed may be due to the iPod too because if I program a different source like an FM station, it does retain the memory. If I program the iPod to the single Favorite button, that's when it looses it's memory.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:32 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I have an IPOD Classic, 80 gig i think, no problem playing the music, i have it set to shuffle All, so no playlist or favorites, no issues.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:34 AM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy27573
I'm having the same problem with 4.3, which is even more pronounced when streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5. Also, the left toggle won't skip tracks during iPod playback. Very annoying, and it seems crazy that I would need to try another device to get music to play correctly. Worse, it's a distraction.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:40 AM
weekender2098
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use a device like your iPhone or iPod you need to turn off the system first before you shut off your engine. Also, when you start your engine make sure its in neutral and wait till the "accept" message comes on. Then its time to "accept".
This may not work every time however you will find it works most of the time if you do this correctly in the right sequence. I had the same issues and I was told to do it this way and to my surprise I now have no issues. Even the advance skip tracks now works when before it stop working for me. There has been two times it did not work but I shut off my engine waiting two minutes and did everything in the correct sequence and it worked perfectly. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

I use the iPod nano. Stays plugged in. Have not noticed any issues. I leave my bike on XM, classic vinyl switching to my iPod now and then. I have never used the CB, intercom, Bluetooth etc. All I want is my tunes, nothing too fancy.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:14 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by weekender2098
If you use a device like your iPhone or iPod you need to turn off the system first before you shut off your engine. Also, when you start your engine make sure its in neutral and wait till the "accept" message comes on. Then its time to "accept".
This may not work every time however you will find it works most of the time if you do this correctly in the right sequence. I had the same issues and I was told to do it this way and to my surprise I now have no issues. Even the advance skip tracks now works when before it stop working for me. There has been two times it did not work but I shut off my engine waiting two minutes and did everything in the correct sequence and it worked perfectly. Good luck.
Thanks..I'll try that. It seems more noticeable after I did the 1.8 update too but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeZ
I'm having the same problem with 4.3, which is even more pronounced when streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5. Also, the left toggle won't skip tracks during iPod playback. Very annoying, and it seems crazy that I would need to try another device to get music to play correctly. Worse, it's a distraction.
This is a setup menu setting. It has to be in seek mode instead of favorites mode.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was playing my iPod just the other day. Have not had an issues. Yesterday I went to select it and it is not recognized. Got home checked cable and replaced the cable. Still not recognized in the media options. I have no idea what happened

Quick Reply: Weird problem with 6.5 infotainment using iPod