Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 and Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 PM
IrateCitizen
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 FLHTK with the Vance and Hines Powerduals and CFR slipons. After running through about two tanks of gas with my normal riding while using the autotune feature I flashed the results (attached?). Prior to the autotune the bike would start popping on decel around 1900rpm with the default mapping, otherwise ran strong. After the flash the loud popping at 1900rpm went away. I do have a little crackle at times when rolling off throttle, but it's not annoying to me. My question, how many cells have you populated (green) before flashing?

Edit:

Posted the wrong image

Attached Thumbnails FP3 and Autotune-image-3750104277.jpg   FP3 and Autotune-image-1968929622.jpg  

Last edited by IrateCitizen; 09-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have the FP3 but with the SEPST I run auto tune and then update the map after each run. Then run auto tune again and update. This way you are tuning the tuned map so to speak. If it was me I would flash it to the map and then do another auto tune session and flash that data. Keep doing this until the amount of change on the cells is less than 5%.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:14 PM
IrateCitizen
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Webo
I don't have the FP3 but with the SEPST I run auto tune and then update the map after each run. Then run auto tune again and update. This way you are tuning the tuned map so to speak. If it was me I would flash it to the map and then do another auto tune session and flash that data. Keep doing this until the amount of change on the cells is less than 5%.
Thanks for the reply, that's pretty much my feelings on this. Flash it and ride for a while to get the feel for the changes it made and continue. Your last sentence nails it

Old 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
After reading tons about the FP 3 this has to be the best advice I've read so far plain and simple .

Old 09-01-2014, 11:38 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran the autotune with the recommended map ad with it engaged it would pop and fart on accel and decell. after I applied the learned values it has almost eliminated these with miles put on the bike. I have the FP3. And I disconnected the tuner.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I just flashed the ECM this evening after installing a high flow air filter kit and Rinehart slimline power duals and there 4" ovels. V&H recommendationed useing the map for there power duals and slash ovels. I only road about 15 miles this evening but no issues it runs good and strong throu all ranges, no popping or any noticeable problems.
Tomorow I am going to ride with the auto tune even thou I have no issues and continue flashing the maps until I can get an all green map.
Thanks for your advice, I may have just left it as it is.

Last edited by Gwaxley; 09-04-2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fix word
Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 AM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
I just flashed the ECM this evening after installing a high flow air filter kit and Rinehart slimline power duals and there 4" ovels. V&H recommendationed useing the map for there power duals and slash ovels. I only road about 15 miles this evening but no issues it runs good and strong throu all ranges, no popping or any noticeable problems.
Tomorow I am going to ride with the auto tune even thou I have no issues and continue flashing the maps until I can get an all green map.
Thanks for your advice, I may have just left it as it is.
The map will not go all green in my experience; but more of the amber(yellow) squares will be populated(green) the longer you ride it in different scenarios. The last time I did auto tune I ran about a tank and a half of gas in city, highway and acceleration modes.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM
toddjsn
Intermediate

I kept running the Auto Tune trying to get all cells green, After a while it wiped out all cells so I had to start over, this happened twice so I called V&H.
They said that you should only Auto Tune for no more then a tank of gas.
I think in your case I would apply the map and be done with it.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:24 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Does the FP3 marry itself to the bike?

Old 09-05-2014, 07:31 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Does the FP3 marry itself to the bike?
Yep. When you first use it.