2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will iPhone 6 Plus Fit in Infotainment Center Slot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Will iPhone 6 Plus Fit in Infotainment Center Slot?

My iPhone 5 is on it's last leg so I am forced to get an iPhone 6. I'm debating on getting the larger one (iPhone 6 Plus) but will not get it if it won't fit into the Infotainment Center Slot. I measured the dimensions and cut out a piece of paper in the size of the iPhone 6 Plus and it looks like it might fit if you take out the rubber insert that came in the infotainment center slot.

On another note, my iPhone 5 has worked great with the infotainment center. I receive texts, etc. I'm not looking forward to staring over at square one in hopes my new phone will sync and work as good as my iPhone 5 has with my bike. Anyone else facing the same situation?

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Not facing the same situation, in fact my 5S works fine, i think. But you will be starting over, virgin territory. I guess you've done what you can on size, i removed my insert awhile ago and keep an old IPOD classic in there and blue tooth the phone.

So while it may physically fit, might be an issue with the new O/S, but somebody has to be first.

Good luck, and it would probably blue tooth with out issue. Mine is in the saddle bag.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:32 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

I never was able to get my 5 to work, not that I tried that hard.

I just ran a phone charger to my saddlebag and keep my phone charging in there. I prefer a thumb drive for my music storage. Maybe that will work for you if it does not fit.
I just bought an adaptor that plugs into the battery charger cable and ran the phone charger cord into the left saddlebag

Old 09-10-2014, 09:35 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 68 XLCH
Not facing the same situation, in fact my 5S works fine, i think. But you will be starting over, virgin territory. I guess you've done what you can on size, i removed my insert awhile ago and keep an old IPOD classic in there and blue tooth the phone. So while it may physically fit, might be an issue with the new O/S, but somebody has to be first. Good luck, and it would probably blue tooth with out issue. Mine is in the saddle bag.
How do you like the phone slot without the insert it? Does it seem like a lot more room? I'm thinking if I take mine out I would at least add a little bit of some type of thin foam in there

Old 09-10-2014, 09:56 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just use a ram mount for my i5. Left bar has both my i5 and my PCV setup! Would you like a pic?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:18 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good question. My iPhone 5 is having problems with the screen etc. Been waiting for the 6 to come out and plan to get the 6+. Right now I use a ram-mount also but am looking at the new '15's.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
How do you like the phone slot without the insert it? Does it seem like a lot more room? I'm thinking if I take mine out I would at least add a little bit of some type of thin foam in there
My iPhone 5s case chewed holes in that foam liner so I just tossed. Phone and garage door opener fit much better and I don't notice and ratteling around.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
There is a fair amount of room and my IPOD classic has the older IPHONE 4 cable and it is quite long, i have it wrapped, small tie wrap and both fit in there side by side snugly with a little room for my ID card and ATM small leather case.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the 6 will be about 20% larger than the 5 (4" screen to 4.7" screen according to the tech chick on radio this morning), and the 6+ will be honking huge. Luckily for me my 5 is holding up great.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I did was remove the foam piece from that compartment, just a waste of space for me. Currently have a USB drive in there for tunes, registration and insurance papers, cigars, reading glasses....lots of room in there.

Quick Reply: Will iPhone 6 Plus Fit in Infotainment Center Slot?