Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Harley Rendezvous

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:46 PM
lunatikfringe
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Free *****, you were very entertaining at the Rodeo on Friday! We left for home on Saturday morning so we miss the second day!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:48 PM
lunatikfringe
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I've been to a variety of different rallies (Sturgis, Laconia, Roar To The Shore, OC BikeFest, BamaFest, EasyRiders Rodeo in Chillicothe, OH, HogRock, Indiana Boogie, Harley Rendezvous, etc.....) and my personal favorite is HogRock with the Indiana Boogie a close second (we're talking about the party here, nothing compares to the actual motorcycle riding in the Sturgis area). The only problem with both these rallies is that it's one hell of a long ride from the tri-state area. I don't mind long distance riding (have lots of music on my iPod) and my riding buddy and myself will ride on out to these rallies in under a day. We've even left for the Boogie after work at 7:00pm and we're at the festival grounds the next morning! A good rule of thumb unless you really have your act together is that you should figure you'll average approximately 50 mph on any long distance trip. This is taking into account gas, rest and food stops. The Boogie is about a 760 mile ride and HogRock is another 200 miles further. I've been to HogRock three times, twice for the HogRock'Tober fest and just a week or so ago for their June rally.

The HogRock June rally is much larger than their October one. There's a lot of people at this rally, and I've heard numbers of 15 to 20,000, but I wouldn't say it's congested. It's also hot and humid at this time in the Midwest. A number of people were in the lake, many of them had no clothes on.

The people at this rally are very friendly and there is always some sort of entertainment going on. When I pulled into the campground on Thursday at 3:00pm (left NJ on Wednesday 3:00pm, and headed to El Paso, IL first before I headed to Cave In Rock, IL for HogRock) I was beat. It was very HOT & HUMID and the sweat was dripping off me. As soon as I dismounted my bike, a fellow camper walked up and handed me an ice cold bottle of water. He said it looked like I needed it. After I basically inhaled the water, he offered me a beer.

There's three different areas or stages for entertainment and there is always some band playing or game going on. Even the area where they have the Kareoke is very entertaining and some of the people are really good!
They don't seem to have any famous bands (ie no Blue Oyster Cult, Charlie Daniels, etc) but I thought the bands were OK. Bag Lady Sue was there and she is always funny. If you go, make sure you catch the psycho hypnotist Rich Guzzi who puts on a great show!
There's wet (or no) T-shirt contests, naughty school girl contests, "cool down" contests, etc
At night you have the ladies pole dancing or cage dancing to the music.
There's beach games, field events and there are some vendors onsite. The closest town (if you need to make a beer run) is 12 miles away! Yep, this place is in the middle of no where.
There are plenty of portable johnnies (they seem to be cleaned every day) and the showers (free) were hot with decent water pressure.

A number of people I spoke with actually like the October party more since the weather is cooler and it isn't as crowded. People with the large RV rigs want to be located in certain areas which fill up quickly. There's also much less skin shown in the October rally, probably also due to the cooler temperatures.

If you are looking to meet some nice people at a great party, this is it.
I have no association with HogRock or any of it's management/people.

http://www.hogrock.com/index.html
Thank you the Detailed reply! Looks like a lot of fun!!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Free Willie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lunatikfringe
Free *****, you were very entertaining at the Rodeo on Friday! We left for home on Saturday morning so we miss the second day!
Glad you liked it! We are all out there just having fun, some of us are bigger hams than the others.

You missed an even better show Saturday. I got the slow race again but nothing else. Had a small crash after the games were over (little too sideways at speed) cost me a set of handlebars and some welding on my floorboard mount but it looked cool!