Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Anyone ride this morning in the fog?

Old 09-19-2015, 01:35 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Anyone ride this morning in the fog?

I rode to work this morning and didnt realize how foggy it was going to be when I left. It was literally one of the most butt puckering 45 minutes of my life. I have never ridden in such dense fog, even in a car, for that long of a time. Most of the ride I could barely see 20 yards in front of me. This was all at 65-70 mph also on main highways trying to stay ahead of the cars around me.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:48 PM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,871 Likes on 1,113 Posts

my wife was swimming in Lake Quassy with her triathlon friends when the fog rolled in. Said they couldn't see each other in the water or the shore. They treaded water for a while and then just decided on a direction and swam eventually hitting shore.

It was pretty bad around here, I couldn't see my neighbor's house across the street

Old 09-26-2015, 09:09 AM
foxhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years back I was going up Mt. Washington. As we rode into the fog (clouds) they decided to close the road for safety. We were already mostly at the top. It was pure white out. Zero visibility. If you got off the bike and turned around you would have gotten lost. We had to straddle our bikes with our feet on the ground to descend the mountain. Even without rain, we were as soaked as if we fell into a lake. We couldn't see each other just a couple feet apart. We had to keep feeling for the edge with our feet with our bikes turned off and in neutral. I never want to do that again. I know how you were feeling.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:28 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

It was foggy here in PA too. I live up on a ridge, no fog there. But down by the Deleware River it was pretty foggy this morning.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:16 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Originally Posted by foxhd
A few years back I was going up Mt. Washington. As we rode into the fog (clouds) they decided to close the road for safety. We were already mostly at the top. It was pure white out. Zero visibility. If you got off the bike and turned around you would have gotten lost. We had to straddle our bikes with our feet on the ground to descend the mountain. Even without rain, we were as soaked as if we fell into a lake. We couldn't see each other just a couple feet apart. We had to keep feeling for the edge with our feet with our bikes turned off and in neutral. I never want to do that again. I know how you were feeling.
Going up there again this weekend....starting to bum because the weather forecast looks like crap. I can never get enough Mt Washington! Or that whole area up there, Rt 302 'n stuff.