Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Kosco in NJ is closing

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kosco in NJ is closing

I was talking to a friend of mine at the gym last night and he told me that Kosco HD is going out of business. They really have no inventory at this point. An truth to all of this?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
I was talking to a friend of mine at the gym last night and he told me that Kosco HD is going out of business. They really have no inventory at this point. An truth to all of this?
Ok, so after hearing this I called the sales manager Jim up and he has said to me that they are very healthy, have over 70 bikes on the floor and are NOT going out of business....

Maybe your buddy was referring to RT15 Motorsports that they bought and ran into the ground earlier this year...

Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

Hey Tip,

That's good for Kosco. Maybe 70 bikes in that huge place still makes it look empty. Are you sure he wasn't counting the Polaris quads and used bikes they have? Just kidding. I was thinking that all of us should do a "Fall Hawks Nest" ride.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 AM
TIPN8R

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
Hey Tip,

That's good for Kosco. Maybe 70 bikes in that huge place still makes it look empty. Are you sure he wasn't counting the Polaris quads and used bikes they have? Just kidding. I was thinking that all of us should do a "Fall Hawks Nest" ride.
Sounds good. A bunch of us will usually hit up the Nest area or Shihola area of PA on the weekends. Nice riding out RT209 then turning off into the back roads.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 AM
phillaf65
Advanced

I was going into Trenton Harley in Hamilton during the winter last year and the place looked like what is described about Kosco. I asked the same question about them going out of business and was told that they were making room for the new clothing line to come out, as well as getting in accessories that would sell better than what they had in the past. A month later they were closed and there remaining inventory went to Brian's out in Langhorne, Pa.. Hopefully Kosco isn't going to go that route.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though Tip confirmed this isnt true, I wouldn't have been supprised if it was. Those guys at Kosco wanted nothing to do with my money when I went in looking to get a Nightster. I was shocked but there loss cuz the next day I went to Bergen Harley and they treated me like family.
Kosko Harley SUCKS A$$

Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 AM
TIPN8R

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
Even though Tip confirmed this isnt true, I wouldn't have been supprised if it was. Those guys at Kosco wanted nothing to do with my money when I went in looking to get a Nightster. I was shocked but there loss cuz the next day I went to Bergen Harley and they treated me like family.
Kosko Harley SUCKS A$$
Like I said, all I did was call and this guy Jim who said he was the sales manager seemed very honest when I asked. Even told me about the band playing next Tuesday night at Bike night and told me to come down and introduce myself.

You know how rumors are, until the door is locked, that is all they are.....for now at least.

You know what's funny, I used to go to Bergen HD for years, they are still a decent dealer, but would much rather spend my hard earned $$$ at Legends HD. They are in my book the best around.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
RoadRunner1
Cruiser
Default Trenton HD

Originally Posted by phillaf65
I was going into Trenton Harley in Hamilton during the winter last year and the place looked like what is described about Kosco. I asked the same question about them going out of business and was told that they were making room for the new clothing line to come out, as well as getting in accessories that would sell better than what they had in the past. A month later they were closed and there remaining inventory went to Brian's out in Langhorne, Pa.. Hopefully Kosco isn't going to go that route.
The rumor has it that Trenton Harley was bought by the Florida guy that owned a number of dealerships throughout the country. This could only be Bruce Rossmeyer. They were suppose to have a opened late July. Because of his untimely death this may no longer be the case.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIPN8R
Like I said, all I did was call and this guy Jim who said he was the sales manager seemed very honest when I asked. Even told me about the band playing next Tuesday night at Bike night and told me to come down and introduce myself.

You know how rumors are, until the door is locked, that is all they are.....for now at least.

You know what's funny, I used to go to Bergen HD for years, they are still a decent dealer, but would much rather spend my hard earned $$$ at Legends HD. They are in my book the best around.

I'm at legends all the time when I need to pick up little things, lube/gaskets/gear oil

It doesn't make sense for me to ride all the way east to BH just to get 11% off a $5.00 item.
Plus Legends is around the back roads I love to take anyway. and my GF's parents live in Landing which is right by.
I would have bought my bike at legends but they would only come down $500 and I wanted more off (of course) but I do like them allot as dealers go

Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM
TIPN8R

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
I'm at legends all the time when I need to pick up little things, lube/gaskets/gear oil

It doesn't make sense for me to ride all the way east to BH just to get 11% off a $5.00 item.
Plus Legends is around the back roads I love to take anyway. and my GF's parents live in Landing which is right by.
I would have bought my bike at legends but they would only come down $500 and I wanted more off (of course) but I do like them allot as dealers go
Sounds good. PM me next time your up this way(Greenwood Lake) and we'll meet up for a few cold ones.

Quick Reply: Kosco in NJ is closing