Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

CT Riders

Old 05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
DRAGIN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Newington. I'm looking to find an RC or MC to join. Anyone know of any good ones around? Not looking for anything gangster. Just fun, riding, brotherhood.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:18 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAGIN
I'm in Newington. I'm looking to find an RC or MC to join. Anyone know of any good ones around? Not looking for anything gangster. Just fun, riding, brotherhood.

The local HOG chapter might be what you are looking for.

www.hog.com

Old 05-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Raido
1st Gear

I'm in New Haven. Was in FL all last week but the weekend before that I rode from Staven up 27 to Middletown. Great ride. Lots of bikes out.
If anyone is down my way this summer, my days off are Sun/Mon. My HOG chapter meets at Brothers HD in Branford Sunday mornings at 10a for "decide a ride" if none are scheduled and weather permits.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Riding through the center of Kent today and there was a gorgeous cream/orange Electra parked in front of the coffee shop. Just wondered if it belongs to anyone on the forum and what the colors are actually titled.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Curlybill
Road Master

Man, what a great day for riding today. Rode up Rt 22 in New York and back down Rt 7. Hope it is just as nice next weekend.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Curlybill wrote:
[[ Rode up Rt 22 in New York and back down Rt 7. ]]

I took a 4-day trip last week, CT-MA-NH-VT-NY-CT.
Lots of roads I hadn't been on before.

But riding Rt. 22 in NY state remains one of the best scenic rides in the Northeast. It's possible to ride it from Westchester right up to the Canadian border.

Speaking of "the border", there's a road up in Rouses Point NY that runs right along the borderline for almost a mile (Rt. 276 on the map). Riding from the RR station (Pratt St.), it turns right and goes north to the border, then turns left and turns south again at the U.S. Customs building. On each side of the road are cornfields: on your left, USA, and on the right, just off the asphalt, it's Canada.

Attached Thumbnails CT Riders-border-road.jpg  
Old 11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Monsterz
Intermediate

I'm located in Fairfield County. All my friends are afraid motorcycles or don't ride haha, just my luck right? With that being said it would be cool if I could find a group of dudes that I could meet up and cruise with.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Curlybill
Road Master

I will be the first to admit that I am a fair weather rider. This Tuesday,60° just might be my last day of the season

Old 03-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Curlybill
Road Master

This has got to be the longest winter I can remember. My bike has been parked since November. My garage isn't heated so it has been too cold to work there. And just when the temp was up and grass was starting to show around the edges of the snow pack, it is about to snow 4 more inches.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just when we were turning the corner with the weather the door gets slammed shut again... I did get out the Saturday after Christmas when it was 50 deg... The long range forecast for next weekend looks promising, if the rain on Thursday cleans up the roads..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CT Riders