Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

CT Riders

Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishrrman
Just wonderin'….

For many years, riders would gather at the old Marcus Dairy parking lot on Sunday mornings.

But Marcus closed the dairy (and the Dairy Bar), and the place got torn down and now there's a Whole Foods market there.

Is there a new "Sunday morning place" in western Connecticut where riders congregate now?

Was in Kent for lunch yesterday and chatted with a few. Seems like more bikes showing up at Panera Bread on the other side of Whole Foods at the old Marcus location. Anyone else hear of this?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Lt Jake
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Was in Kent for lunch yesterday and chatted with a few. Seems like more bikes showing up at Panera Bread on the other side of Whole Foods at the old Marcus location. Anyone else hear of this?
Yeah, more and more bikes are coming to the Whole Foods/Panera (old MArcus Dairy) parking lot on sunday. Friends and I were there 3 weeks in a row now. We were going to the Starbucks om Mill Plain Rd but switched to old Marcus cause there were more people there. Still a good mix of ricers and cruisers though.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:58 PM
PaiN
Tourer

I'm in Bristol, free on Wednesdays and can usually fit in a ride most weekends.
Seems like the few riders I know can never get freed up when I can ride,
so I usually end up solo. Its always cool to meet and ride with other bikers, maybe see some new routes and places.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

I am in Waterbury. My riding partner has fallen on hard times so I end up riding solo a lot. I always ride on Sunday if not during the week. Anybody do a regular meet up on Sundays that has room for one more.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:43 PM
PaiN
Tourer

Anyone going to "Middletown Motorcycle Mania" in Middletown, CT tonight 5p-9p? I hear its a big event with a 1000+ bikes. Main St. is closed off to car traffic, vendors, food, beer etc...
The event even has a wed site: http://www.midtownmcmania.com/
I'm headed down with the wife as soon as she gets in from work.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PaiN
Anyone going to "Middletown Motorcycle Mania" in Middletown, CT tonight 5p-9p? I hear its a big event with a 1000+ bikes. Main St. is closed off to car traffic, vendors, food, beer etc...

Not me but I see a bunch on BON are going.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supposedly had 5000 bikes last year.At least that's what they said on WCCC this morning.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 PM
11B_Rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in ri and ride throughout eastern ct quite regularly. If anyone's looking for a ride partner, I'm always down to ride.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 AM
PaiN
Tourer

Originally Posted by BDHABT
Supposedly had 5000 bikes last year.At least that's what they said on WCCC this morning.
There were at least that many this year. That was bigger than I expected. I discovered something else I won't be going too many more "bike rallies". I wasted a good night of riding, walking around, jammed in like a sardine wishing I was riding....I saw some nice rides and even more interesting characters ... but that's not for me, get me on the road any time.

Last edited by PaiN; 08-15-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain

There were at least that many this year. That was bigger than I expected. I discovered something else I won't be going too many more "bike rallies". I wasted a good night of riding, walking around, jammed in like a sardine wishing I was riding....I saw some nice rides and even more interesting characters ... but that's not for me, get me on the road any time.
I'll still take parking at a good rally over riding in a large parade run any day.

Rode solo thru some great back roads to Middletown yesterday, about an hour each way, to meet up with some people there. I ride almost every day, and frequent 200+ mile weekend rides, so a good rally/event like that is nice every so often. I met some great people and made most of my friends at events like this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CT Riders