Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Kosco Harley

Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Default Kosco Harley

Looks like the dealership has been sold. Name is off the building. Website says they have new owners, new managers, new staff, new product.......

Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 AM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Looks like the dealership has been sold. Name is off the building. Website says they have new owners, new managers, new staff, new product.......
Old news, the owners of Williams bought them out last month and the new name will be up soon, it's along the lines of Garden State Harley or something along the lines....

Old 05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
halnwheels
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard also that it will be called Garden State Harley and it has been bought by Williams of PA.

I had a good relationship with them... Jason, Adam, Barry, Danny, and others. They sold me my first Harley and they gave me a good deal on it. I feel worst for Barry. He was either the Service Manager or acted like it and I know he had his heart in it but did not have the authority to do the right thing.

These are all real people folks. They tried, and ultimately they all went down with the ship. The management failed their customers and the customers left, mostly for Bergen County H-D... as I did.

I wish the best for my old friends.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Bergen County hd has owners and employees who really give a hoot. They are the best.
Liz, Phil, barb, owners.. Charlie, Mean Gene from the parts machine is great, mike, Joe, all from the parts department are awesome.

Darren from service Is the man. Basically they give a sh$& and will do whatever to help you out. Many other employees in there too....I just don't know their names cause I dont deal with their department(s). They run a tight ship here. Very good.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
halnwheels
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my first email flyer from the new owners of Kosco. They indeed are calling themselves Garden State Harley Davidson, although they still have a blank space on the Harley-Davidson building sign where Kosco used to be.

Their logo says Garden State Harley Davidson, Morris County NJ

Their contact info is:

Garden State Harley-Davidson
1149 Rt. 23 South
Kinnelon, NJ 07405
973-838-8800
www.gardenstatehd.com

Phone # is the same.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Scrambler900
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I tried to buy a bike there, but they failed. Had money in hand. I work in the industry in Manhattan and I think that scared them that the sales guy didn't have the authority nor did he ask management for a professional discount.

No call backs or anything. A week later I bought form somewhere else.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just traded my 2013 Fatboy Lo in for a 2013 Street Glide. Contacted them first since they are 10 minutes from the door of my house. They wanted to give me peanuts for my trade...Oh well..went to Long Branch Harley and they took care of me once again. Long Branch Harley is the only dealer to buy a bike. No arrogance in any of their departments. Eddie Caldwell is the best salesman you can possibly ask for. I will always do business and recommend Long Branch to anyone even though its over and hour and a half from me...

Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM
patriot2500
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow seems to me new name and new owners and same crappy service. I've been in there a few times just to look around and even looked at a '13 RGU once there, but when salesman kept saying "I really need to move this one" it was time for the wife and I to leave. They do have a much better selection of parts than Kosco ever did. Oh well, I still go to Bergen HD for anything I need.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 78 Posts

Never could make it work with Kosko. The parts department pirates were uterly clueless and thier attitude truly sucked. The service department had more than its fair share of complete failures with several of the guys I ride with and there was no way they were getting close to my ride.

When it came time to by a new one, it was right to Bergen and they have been awesome to deal with.

I'll check out the new place when it opens, but unless they can really change things around and clearly outshine Bergen, I'll be taking the longer drive to them.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are also moving to route 10 in Morris Twp after the riding season. I've gotten some parts there and the guys behind the counter were fine and helpful. I bought my bike at, and the last few, at Bergen though. I hope these guys make it a good place because it's near me.