Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Meet & Ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Arrow Meet & Ride

Now that riding season has graced us with it's presence, I thought we should have a thread where we can post planned and impromptu rides. Post up your own rides if you're interested in meeting other HDF members.
All I ask is that you use the Green Arrow Icon below when you are posting a new ride so that members don't have to search through responses/questions for a particular ride.

There is one being planned now for the Old Marcus Dairy spot. I'll be there as well as other HDF members. Here are the details so far...

Sunday, May 18th - At Panera Bread (the old Marcus Dairy) 5 Sugar Hollow Rd, Danbury, CT. Meeting around 10am (give the Brooklyn HDF crew some time to get there ). Meet HDF members then take a ride to a nice lunch destination - Possibly Kent, CT. I or one of the other members will post up the lunch location. Post here if you're interested in attending or just show up.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:57 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in. Bringing the GF.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:59 PM
EveHD
Moderatress

Originally Posted by howitzer88
I'm in. Bringing the GF.
I'll see you both there.
You posted something about Kent, CT for a possible lunch stop. Any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
I'll see you both there.
You posted something about Kent, CT for a possible lunch stop. Any suggestions?
Right in Kent is Kingsley Tavern. Pretty good food. Or if anyone else has a suggestion? We have a little time to figure it out.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the group is more than a few I'd pass on stopping for lunch in Kent... I live 20 min away and and at some point ride through most weekends of the season, there's only 2 places, maybe 3 if one reopens to stop for lunch, and a nice spring day they will be crowded... I like to stop at the coffee shop but the last couple of years that too has lines out the door with 30-45 min wait Sat/Sun, that's due to no one drinking regular coffee and wanting mixed coffee drinks, that take longer to make....

Old 04-05-2014, 03:44 PM
EveHD
Moderatress

I'm good with a diner or coffee shop. Anything like that close by?

Old 04-05-2014, 04:00 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,922 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Not going to find anything that'll handle a large group. AJ's could prolly handle 25.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-S...za/94268027705

Last edited by EveHD; 04-05-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

i also grew up in the area. and i agree Kent is a great after lunch sit out side and have a coffee and a piece of chocolate spot on the way home. but not that great for lunch,

i suggest ,The wood pit BBQ on Bantam lake, AJ`s , Modines smoke house, are just a few good ones in the area. and the best is The toy makers in Falls village,it will be a little wait to get your food but it is a cool spot.

Last edited by Bigwillie; 04-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 PM
EveHD
Moderatress

I'm assuming it's not going to be that many riders. While I never posted I was going to show up, I did show up to an HDF meet and greet 2 years ago and there were only two riders that showed up out of 20 something that were posting they would be there. I don't think it will be that drastic but life happens...

Anyway, I'll do some research and see if any of the suggestions above are viable. I'll post up later. Keep the suggestions coming. Would be nice to have a place before we meet. Otherwise we're winging it...

Old 04-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
I'm assuming it's not going to be that many riders. While I never posted I was going to show up, I did show up to an HDF meet and greet 2 years ago and there were only two riders that showed up out of 20 something that were posting they would be there. I don't think it will be that drastic but life happens...

Anyway, I'll do some research and see if any of the suggestions above are viable. I'll post up later. Keep the suggestions coming. Would be nice to have a place before we meet. Otherwise we're winging it...
winginit will be fine,, the`re places all in the area just depends what rout to take.

Quick Reply: Meet & Ride