Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Myrtle Beach and Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:44 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Myrtle Beach and Milwaukee

Anyone from Central NH going to MB in May or Milwaukee in August?
I am definately going to MB and seriously considering Milwaukee. Would like to hear from others.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 AM
RaleighBagin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle Beach and Milwaukee

hey bud, I'm not. I moved from New England down to Raliegh about a year and a half ago (Lived in Northwood ya know wheere that is?). Quick synopsis, 1. The weather is F-in awesome, I thought I loved winter until I lived without it. 2. The people are great, you know how NH is a little bit of Redneck in the North? (Yeah...it's like comin' home). 3. I never actually knew what the word Bar-B-Q meant. It's not a verb. it's a mother-lovin' NOUN! You don't do it...you EAT IT!

In any event I'm going to Myrtle. Booked a hotel through Expedia a week and a half ago at the Holiday Inn Pavillion. You probably can still get rooms, I paid $105 a night Ocean front North MyrtleBeach it's north of Murell's Inlet which I hear is a hot spot, but I believeit's close to The Dog House and The Broken Spoke (Others may correct me if I'm wrong") also cool places to hang.

As far as the 105th I'm going. I have not booked anything but I hope to find a campground. My cousin may ride from Chelmsford MA. I'm hoping to nail things down soon. So we wouldmeet up somewhere of course, He's riding soloand you could possibly ride together. Feel free to drop me an email if your interested. I;ve heard recently on the board thst HOG members can also see Aerosmith at a HOG event so I'm looking onto that.

However it works out I hope you make it and have a great riide.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM
jdel80
6th Gear

A small group from Marlboro, MA. might be heading down, looking for better ideas on a route other than 95, was looking at 81 ? anyone done this ?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

I've been to MB 10 times....My experience driving big rigs tells me to avoid 95 at allcosts. It's always either under construction or closed because of an accident. 81 down through PA is a nice route - the one I prefer and then I think it's 77 and that puts you on 95 south of washington DC where its not so bad. I have always trailered my bike to MB - although 81 is nice there is alot of big rigs on that road. I'm not sure which route I would take if I were riding my bike.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Yeah, I know where Northwood is. Rt 4 Harding Metals, Northwood RV etc.I live in Northfield which is often confused with Northwood.

I know what you mean about the weather - I'm looking out the window watching a very cold rain, waiting for a foot of snow tonight. I can see myself retiring to warmer weather, probably South Carolina. I fell in love with Myrtle Beach the first time I went there.

I will be going there for the May rally. I usually book my room in advance,but there seems to be rooms available even during the rally.
You're right about the Dog House - it's a good place to hang out. Also good is the Rat's Hole and Suck Bang Blow - when you leave, you drive through the bar - it's a hoot.

There is plenty to do there, whatever you're looking for, it's there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52283/2BD8C41C9644474093D89830CDD41932.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
2002Springer
Club Member

I have my ticket for Milwaukee but still don't have a room there yet and looking
to share with someone since they're super expensive... like $250/night!!!

PM me or email me if anyone is interested I'm rolling in on the27th and out on
the 31st.

2002 Springer

Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Like any event, except MB, if youre willing to stay outside the immediate area you will spend less money. The guys I'm going with are looking at staying about 20 miles outside Milwaukee and paying less than $100 per night.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 AM
jdel80
6th Gear

Thanks "KDUBYA" I was thinking that same route, this will be our 1st trip to MB. I am looking at the "Sea Mist" as a place to stay,there is like 4-5 of us now ( I'm sure that number will shrink hahahah ), but they have a suite for like $620 for six nigths, that seemed real resonable seing as my last trip was Sturgis, o ya you pay HARD there ..

Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Myrtle Beach is a great place. If you go there and dont have a good time, there's something wrong with you! Good people, good time and the place is laid out to move traffic. I live 10 miles from Laconia, NH and dont even go there during bike week because it's too congested and everyone is always pissed off. Myrtle Beach does it right! I have been to both the spring and fall rallies for the past 4 years. They are both good rallies but the fall shorter and gets less people. I will be going in May, but I need to choose between going to the fall rally in Myrtle Beach and Milwaukee in August

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
roadking48
Cruiser

I live in Scotland,Pa. 50 miles south of Harrisburg,pa. Right along interstate 81. Can see it while I write this. We go 81 south to Winchester ,Va. Then take 17/50 over to 95. Have taken 17 the whole way down one year when I had some newbie riders with me, man, that was a nice ride but took FOREVER! Went thru Dismal swamp , now thats named right. Don't break down, NO cellphone service, NO other traffic.
When you ride as a group, rt 95 isn't so bad, don't like it when I ride alone, your a target.
We're leaving Saturday morning as of now it will be 6 bikes and a truck with a trailer. mark

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach and Milwaukee