Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This

Old 07-26-2009, 09:20 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This

I just found this on craigslist:

Just today i was in new hope with my buddies riding and enjoying some lunch in new hope pa..... when we were leaving our entire pack was pulled over by 2 street cops and best of all the Chief of Police......they were handing out loud pipe tickets at get this 300.00 and you must appear before a judge.... to add insult to injury we were told to stay out of there town and stay in New Jersey.... Last i checked were we in America or Germany in 1942? When i told them that i was going to publish this incident on craigslist his response was that i was doing them a favor... BOYCOTT this bullshit town who harasses bikers. They had harley's, and imports all pulled over so it does not matter what you ride but it matters that you had a new jersey tag on your bike because no PA residents were on the side of the road. Please spread this to your friend and save them the headache and a 300.00 ticket.
Be Well and Ride safe

Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, they must have cranked up the fine for loud pipes. We were on a ride early this year (2nd weekend in Feb.). The weather was warm (low 60's), and a couple of friends and I went out for a ride. Decided to go to New Hope for lunch. LOTS of bikes in town, as it really was the first nice day of the year. Anyway, we were on our way out of town, sitting in traffic, at idle. I see this cop walking up our side of the road. As he passes us, he looks over at my bike, and the guy behind me ('03 Road King w/ the same V&H Straight Shots that I have). He motions the two of us over to the side of the road. Mind you, we were not reving the bikes, just sitting there at idle.

He proceeds to pull a sound meter out of his back pocket, and checks both our bikes. We were 3 db over the limit. He then proceeds to write us both $85 tickets (that we could mail in), and then goes on to explain that V&H pipes are known to be loud. I had the baffles pulled on mine, where the other guy still had his installed. Mine was .2 db louder (89.1 vs 88.9).

What's really beat, is that there's no notice of a noise ordinance posted as you come across the bridge. And the New Hope cops have been a$$holes to bikers for years. They don't realize that the bikers actually help the local economy. The people on the bikes spend money, and the tourists go there to see the bikes. I've seen cops write tickets for bikes that had a tire barely touching the white line. I even saw a cop write a ticket for a bike that had his back wheel touching the curb!

I know this much, I won't go back. That really sucks that they raised the ticket price to $300 though, w/ a mandatory appearance.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, it has been well publicized about staying the f out of New Hope. We do all need to ban together and the f out of that place! Yes, it IS a free country last time I checked, but you know something, they can keep it to themselves!
Just patronize the surrounding areas that welcome us with arms wide open, and screw them a-holes in NEW HOPE!

What folks should do is write letters to their local HOG Chapters and the AMA as well as their local congressman to let these organizations know what is going on.

Hey, like I said before, plenty of other towns to visit!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 AM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

huh, well, guess i'll make it a point to never go there.

thanks for the heads up

Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

You should contact ABATE as well.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I f-ing Love New Hope. I was actually planning on going there on the bike with the GF one of these weekend. This really blows. We should all ban together and ride over there as one big F#&*in group. they can't pull us all over.
This blows

Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
I f-ing Love New Hope. I was actually planning on going there on the bike with the GF one of these weekend. This really blows. We should all ban together and ride over there as one big F#&*in group. they can't pull us all over.
This blows
Don't bother wasting your time as they WILL get you one way or another passing through their town.

Forgot to add ABATE to the list, Thanks!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
This blows
Actually, they can. F that place, I won't go there again.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Yea please dont go there, I live in PA and I've been seeing in the papers and what not how they always have bikes pulled over and what not...They used to have a really nice bike show down there I heard but what can you do...Place is just filled with older folks and others I will not mention

Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heck, Ill say it.

Originally Posted by EDZ82FXR
Yea please dont go there, I live in PA and I've been seeing in the papers and what not how they always have bikes pulled over and what not...They used to have a really nice bike show down there I heard but what can you do...Place is just filled with older folks and others I will not mention

Here, let the figures speak for you.
Pages 9 - 15 are especially interesting.

http://http://www.newhopepd.org/docu...eport-2007.pdf

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This