Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NJ Riders - Info needed for contact list

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NJ Riders - Info needed for contact list

If you're interested, Todd(Veniculum) mentioned about forming a club but decided against it, so I told him we should just start a contact list and keep riders informed of any rides and ask for ride ideas.
Include your name, email address, phone number and the town/city you live in and a ride idea and email me, I'll keep a list and email it out in a week or 2 just to give any new riders who read this time to get in.
And I'll update it as new riders provide their info over time.

Mike
murig@comcast.net

Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: NJ Riders - Info needed for contact list

Come on guys - get your contact info in to Mike. I've given him the 20 or so names I have from NJ, Rockland, Long Island and such, but it would be much easier if you forward your info to Mike!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:31 PM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent my info.

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
defenderp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's really cool of Mike to take the time and put this together! Thanks Mike! My info is on the way.

Ed

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 PM
nitetrain
Cruiser

I believe I sent mine, hope you got it. And thanks for helping out. Seems like we can get a good group going. I've met some, and looking foward to riding with everybody. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to give me a hollar. I have lots of free time. Retirement has it's rewards.
Todd thanks for getting this thing off the ground.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sent PM.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM
TJS48
Tourer

Thanks Mike, pm sent.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeti
Cruiser

Mike, pm sent

Jim

Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just want to clarify....I'm not against any clubs...I just didn't want to try to start one up myself . I gathered from folks I met and was able to ride with last season, that no one was really interested in something really formal, but rather just liked getting together for some nice weekend rides.
So a few days ago, Gary (nitetrain) got in touch with me regarding starting a club for the NJ forum riders (after reading one of my posts in an earlier thread)...and after speaking with him, I realized that my first assumption had been correct...he had the same attitude as me....just some nice rides with some good people...not all the usual rigamarole associated with motorcycle (or any recreational/social) club.

I think the main reason the idea of starting a club was even brought up to begin with was because last season, myself or another forum member just went online, posted a message on thursday or friday asking if anyone would be around during the weekend, and then set up a ride last minute...meanwhile, if someone didn't happen to log onto the site before the weekend, they may have missed out on a potential nice ride.

So, with that said, it's not really my decision as to whether or not we have a club...I'm just not really interested in starting it, or organizing it. Personally, I prefer a more casual experience...one where there's no rules...no egos, no dues, no meetings, and most of all, just a nice day out with nice guys/gals. I understand that it's harder to organize things this way...so be it. Still...I'm not against bike clubs either (I'm a Hunterdon County HOG member myself)...I just don't want to be involved in trying to get one off the ground...I'd rather just go out for a Sunday afternoon ride/bite to eat.

The point is, I would just like to try and setup a few more rides this season....and do it far enough in advance so that more people can be involved. Obviously, not everyone can always make every ride...and this is precicely why I would like to try and setup rides well ahead of time.....that way, if you can't make one..maybe you can make the next one...and so on.

Like last year, I will once again offer my house as a meeting point for any rides that will have New Hope/east central PA as the destination...as my house is located at a central point that pretty much everyone going to New Hope will drive past anyway. Perhaps for rides that will take us to other parts of the state, some folks in those areas can offer the same.

A contact list is a good start. And hey...if a club is something that a lot of people are really interested in, then I'm all for it...I just don't have the spare time (as I'm sure is the case with most of you) to try and run/organize it myself.

Anyway, in the next few weeks, I'll try to work with some of you to try and setup our first ride. From there, perhaps we can discuss future rides, dates, etc...Looking forward to the coming season, and I hope to meet some more folks this year.
Thanks guys.

Todd

Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should post ride ideas and rate them, example: I have never been to Bear Mountain so that is one ride I really want to make, also going to Cabela's is another ride I want to do.
As for just riding a looking at various scenery is fine with me also. I'm not a bar hopper when I ride I ride same with my freinds.

I'll be away for the next week so any emails with rider info will be compiled when I get back.
Email Todd(Veniculum veniculum@aol.com) with your ride ideas.

I might rent a Harley while I'm in Cancun.

Clean up the bikes, it should start to warm up in a week or so!

Quick Reply: NJ Riders - Info needed for contact list