Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Rendezvous - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:31 AM
nailz53
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I was there was in 85 . Like anything else iam sure it has changed , Allways had a great time there , A return is in my Bucket List

Old 05-04-2014, 08:55 AM
sign216
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxhd
My 14th year. When I started I never saw a metric. Everyone was a Harley guy/chick. Newbies had better at least look like a biker. Now there is a younger crowd. (what does that say about me?) Plenty of metrics. Less hard core bikers.
I don't look like a biker. I look like a motorcyclist. Sounds like with the change in the crowd, I'll be ok w my Guzzi.

However...in my advancing age I appreciate better facilities. A bed, warm shower, etc. From what I hear this weekend is more hardcore.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM
JoshuaCannon
Cruiser

All I can say is this year will be my first time and I am stoked!!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been there a few times. I'm not happy with how the ticket prices skyrocketed this year.

I've never seen anyone seriously hassled over a metric, maybe some ball busting but that's it.

I've never had any problems with a "tough" crowd or anything, everyone is usually having a blast and friendly.

It rains every year.

The past few years it has been getting worse and worse with non-bikers showing up in their RV's or cages and taking up the good real estate.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:56 AM
foxhd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sign216
I don't look like a biker. I look like a motorcyclist. Sounds like with the change in the crowd, I'll be ok w my Guzzi.

However...in my advancing age I appreciate better facilities. A bed, warm shower, etc. From what I hear this weekend is more hardcore.
You'll be fine on your Guzzi. You don't have to look like a harley biker. All motorcyclists are respected. More than the younger crowd in cages who just come to party. There are showers but they get busy. And the hard part about sleeping on the ground there is getting up to your feet. The ground is unusually soft with almost no rocks. I sleep on a swimming pool float. Which can come in handy if the place gets lots of rain. The ground can be very absorbant. But it can also turn into a massive slurry of mud. If you like to party, you'll never regret it.
And yes, the prices have gone up a lot. But well worth it.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Free Willie
Advanced

Hey JD,
Who's the fat guy on the shovel in the 2nd video?
Seems like I might know him.

Sign- You will absolutely have a good time at the Vous and definitely don't miss The Great American Motorcycle Rodeo.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't forget the parachuting guy and fireworks display. Oh and the international contest

Old 05-22-2014, 03:48 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Free Willie
Hey JD,
Who's the fat guy on the shovel in the 2nd video?
Seems like I might know him.

Sign- You will absolutely have a good time at the Vous and definitely don't miss The Great American Motorcycle Rodeo.
Haha! Dat be you my friend!

Old 06-16-2014, 04:05 PM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Trafficjams hit it right on the money. I have been a couple times and you will get an armband at the gate, go up the hill, get searched for glass and certain weapons (which you do not need anyway since you can get all the beer and booze you need there and there is definitely no need for weapons) then on down to the fun stuff. First year I went it rained so much I swore I would never go back (took all year to clean up the bike as that mud is well, it just is...) but still had a good time the first day and night, second time out was a blast through and through. You will be fine as I never saw an issue either year and there are all kinds of bikes. Downside is camping on the ground if you are not inclined but just bring cheap tent and ground cloth, sleeping bag and some king of blow up cushion and you will do fine. I would suggest just go for Friday and Sat and ride home Sunday AM. If you are looking for a quiet, restful experience, nope. If you are looking for an old school rally with a bunch of nice folk, go for it. Bring rain gear as it seems to rain at least a bit every year from what those who are in the know have told me and I have experienced. Oh, bring baby wipes, they will be your shower and anything else you need em to be. Food is there so don't try to bring that stuff unless you have special dietary requirements.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:29 AM
fxdxharley
Cruiser

THe vous was a good year. we had no rain during the event and the crowds were melow. was wierd, probably because of the overlap from laconia. Bikes were in early on weds and all set up. the holding pen had cars in it on weds night because of state police made them get people off the road. thurs morning the gates opened up and there was never a big traffic jam. everyone had a BLAST!!

Quick Reply: Rendezvous - Questions