Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Rendezvous - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I still have my 'vous virgin' shirt from years ago. I might have to dig it out for old time sake.
I too have always gotten rained on somehow in the couple trips I've made there. I thought I got lucky one year it rained overnight and I stayed dry, no mud around the tent. And thennnn, I tried to move my bike. We'll just say it was a bit messy and leave it at that.
As far as the RV's go... it sucks, but RMC's party in July is the same exact way. People on bikes with tents or sleeping bags gotta find little spots to squeeze in and try to sleep next to somebody else's generator running full throttle all night long. I swear they put drag pipes on the damn things or something. You can rope off a spot the week before at a pre-party, but you still end up surrounded by motor-mansions. It is what it is.

edit: now that I'm thinking about it, the best camping situation I ever had was at the SmokeOut in Rockingham, NC. There's soo much space you can setup in the thick of it or out in the field away from all the nonsense. Just gotta watch out for ant-hills.

Last edited by blackscootersociety; 06-27-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:22 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
I still have my 'vous virgin' shirt from years ago. I might have to dig it out for old time sake.
I too have always gotten rained on somehow in the couple trips I've made there. I thought I got lucky one year it rained overnight and I stayed dry, no mud around the tent. And thennnn, I tried to move my bike. We'll just say it was a bit messy and leave it at that.
As far as the RV's go... it sucks, but RMC's party in July is the same exact way. People on bikes with tents or sleeping bags gotta find little spots to squeeze in and try to sleep next to somebody else's generator running full throttle all night long. I swear they put drag pipes on the damn things or something. You can rope off a spot the week before at a pre-party, but you still end up surrounded by motor-mansions. It is what it is.

edit: now that I'm thinking about it, the best camping situation I ever had was at the SmokeOut in Rockingham, NC. There's soo much space you can setup in the thick of it or out in the field away from all the nonsense. Just gotta watch out for ant-hills.
Are the sights at RMC's party as good as the 'vous? I'm kinda local but have never been there. I heard it's a pretty good time.

EDIT: This is on RMC website -- Where do I park? Parking on the club grounds is restricted to motorcycles and camping vehicles only. Car and truck parking is available for $7.00 at the Oley Fairgrounds.

So they don't allow car's and trucks with your gear in but they allow RV's? wtf?

Last edited by Fat_Boy; 06-28-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:18 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Fat Boy, sent you a PM

Maybe we should start an RMC thread?

Last edited by blackscootersociety; 07-01-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Osceola Iron
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife and I are going to go to the Rendezvous this year for the first time, any advice on the best section to camp with a tent?

Old 06-05-2016, 11:11 PM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

# one question, do you already have tickets ?

If not go online immediately.

# two, this is a big place, with an awful lot of people. Do not expect to take a shower, hour(s) wait. Baby Wipes are key !

# three, if you are not in a group that pre-plans and has porta potties, I don't have any good answers for you....

#four The ground dries out, in October or so.... Ground Cloth(s) - you can use a series of cheap table covers.

#five - I have ridden a jap bike there. no biggie. No one goes for rides anyway. They drink till they drop, and repeat, and repeat, and......

#six - you will see a lot of "hooters", although not all are memorable.

Have Fun

Old 06-18-2016, 09:53 PM
Holeshot450
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've atten ded the Vous on a 2003 BMW Dakar with no problem. Also brought my Husaberg there twice. The past couple of years on a Harley. Less than 1 week away...looking forward to it. Arriving Thursday morning.