Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Rendezvous - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 AM
sign216
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rendezvous - Questions

I'd like to try the NY Rendezvous, but I've got some basic questions. I ride a Moto Guzzi V7. Interested in the Rendezvous because I'd like a less commercial, more risque adults-only setting. Laconia is good, but it's becoming too much like a local fair.

But for Rendezvous...

1) I've heard it's a Harley only deal. If it's not American you might get turned away at the gate. Or once inside, you'll just get aggravation for not having a USA bike.

2) Everyone is searched going in. I'm not hiding anything, but I'm not keen on people going through my stuff.

3) Outlaw crowd. I ride alone, and I don't want to worry about getting ripped off, or having to deal w someone and his six friends because I didn't show respect, or issues like this.

Are these things I should be concerned with?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM
oneman
6th Gear

I've been to the rendezvous close to twenty times and I've yet to see a metric bike there. It is called the harley rendezvous as far as outlaws there are no colors allowed that doesn't mean they are not there. They do search your stuff for guns glass fireworks etc. I've never heard of people getting riped off nor have I seen any fights it's just a great time with no cops. Good luck

Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 PM
davidfxdf
Novice

I have been going to the rendezvous for the past five years. I've never seen a fight nor have I ever seen an outlaw crowd. I do see every year a lot a metric bikes. You will not get turned away for riding something other than a Harley. Is the most fun I have each year. You will making lots of new friends and having the time your life.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 AM
sign216
6th Gear

Thanks David and Oneman. It sounds different from the bike meets I'm accustomed too.
The European rallies are good, especially with the vintage bikes. Laconia is beginning to feel like a state fair, although the few adult-theme places are still good.

I'd like to try a more "anything goes" place, as long as no one hoists my bike up and torches it as an example to others.

Any tips or suggestions for going the Rendezvous?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sign216
Thanks David and Oneman. It sounds different from the bike meets I'm accustomed too.
The European rallies are good, especially with the vintage bikes. Laconia is beginning to feel like a state fair, although the few adult-theme places are still good.

I'd like to try a more "anything goes" place, as long as no one hoists my bike up and torches it as an example to others.

Any tips or suggestions for going the Rendezvous?
Ain't nobody gonna torch your bike. Unless maybe you're being a dick. I have seen just three times folks getting their ***** busted for metrics. However I've never seen my friend who rides a metric in get his ***** busted and we've gone for years.

They do search your bags whenever you come back in the gate. If you don't like it it don't matter. No weapons no glass but they may let booze bottles slide. They will not let you come in with a case of bottled beer.

Get there early as they no longer let bikes in first as they used to years ago and that sucks. Its first come first in now including the fuggin oversized RV's. Even if you're alone and tenting you will have a hard time finding a decent space to squeeze into closer to the action up on the hill by Friday night.

This is a biker rally and there are bikers there but no club colors. Just like all around you in your daily life. Everyone gets along at the Vous and it's a bunch of fun. Friends and occasionally security has quickly addressed the few squirmishes I've seen since going there and I'm sure they forgot they were a dick the night before as they awake in their tent and everyone laughs about it.

Make sure you check out the Great American Rodeo while your there! Don't miss it for the sake of ******* cause they're at the rodeo too. Bring the party there and watch some veterans on old classic American iron.

Make sure you stay sober enough at least one day to ride out the gate and check out the beautiful rolling farm foothills of the Adirondacks just to the north.

Have a blast

Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Old 04-16-2014, 11:15 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

Oh yeah... Be prepared for vous-goo if it rains. You've been warned.

Attached Thumbnails Rendezvous - Questions-2011-06-vous-mud-girl.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 06:18 AM
sign216
6th Gear

Thanks for the information. Sounds like an unusual kind of rally. Not like the usual sedate, ho hum, "pretender" kind of rally. A real anything goes kind of place.

Trafficjams, can you repost the photo the mud-girl? For some reason the site won't let me see it as a link.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
foxhd
Cruiser

My 14th year. When I started I never saw a metric. Everyone was a Harley guy/chick. Newbies had better at least look like a biker. Now there is a younger crowd. (what does that say about me?) Plenty of metrics. Less hard core bikers. A little more mardi gras. I don't get the beads thing. But a new generation is coming along. And there is plenty to enjoy with naked twenty somethings women. It has been a bit of an adjustment for me. But I wouldn't miss it for anything. Unless you are offended by drunks, nakedness and generally rowdy behavior, you will have the best time of your life.

Quick Reply: Rendezvous - Questions