Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you bike junkies to boldly post off topic. No political or religious threads.
Sponsored by: Phat Performance Parts

P

Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Hang Around
Default Dave Zien is Die Hard

I no longer live in the wonderful dwellings of Wisconsin but being born and raised there I can say we do things a little different. The hippies on the West coast would have a heart attack if they saw this . From a forwarded email..... and they are talking about Wisconsin Rapids, WI.

Two weeks ago [] and I were in Rapids for the annual statewide ABATE meeting. Former Senator Dave Zien was also in attendance -- with a four point buck slung over the passenger seat of his Harley. He hit the deer on Friday about an hour and a half out of Rapids. Gutted it, threw it on his bike and continued on his way. It was still there, waiting for the ride home, on Sunday morning. Senator Zien, other than a knee in need of an ice pack, wasn't too much worse for the wear. The bike he was riding when he hit the deer is the same one that Harley Davidson gave to him last spring after he turned over one million miles on his previous bike. The "million mile bike" is in a museum in Sturgis. Dave Zien is truly an American original.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave Zien is Die Hard-dscf1623.jpg   Dave Zien is Die Hard-dscf1624.jpg   Dave Zien is Die Hard-dscf1629.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Prospect

Gotta admire that guy! Lotsa guys won't even put deer on their car, it might get dirty. My neighbor washes his entire car, inside and out every Saturday and Sunday, and mows his lawn three times per week. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is awesome.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM

P

Tags
bike, dave, davezien, davidson, deer, die, email, hard, harley, hitts, museum, sen, senator, zien, ziens