Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you bike junkies to boldly post off topic. No political or religious threads.
Sponsored by: Phat Performance Parts

P

Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Angry F@#$&*& Sports Bike Riders

I know I shouldn't put them all into one group, but I have to say I dislike sports-bike riders more each day. The last time a guy on a sports bike passed me on the right within the same lane, in a right turn really pushed the general dislike over the edge. Yes, over the years I have seen cruiser riders do a lot of stupid S$%^, but its seems the number of dumb a--holes on sports bikes is disportionately large. There are a few roads around here I don't ride anymore because trying to avoid dumbs--its on crotch-rockets takes away from the enjoyment. I have nothing against the sports bike itself, just the punk-a$$-b$%ches that get on them, toss common sense in the sh--can, and ride way out of their capability to ride the bike safely. There I'm done, but still fuming.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:46 AM
One Of The Regulars

Well, I just saw one crash yesterday

Not pretty

If they drive like that, it's a matter of time
Hope they wise up
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Cochino Mediador

Too bad the general public lumps all motorcyclists together huh?

Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet.
Alpha Company 8th / 101st Airborne Division
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Road Warrior
Kris Maxwell

I like to take a nice easy ride out on our local sportbike twisty road hangout. Usually once a month you can see a good wreck. I saw one about 3 years ago where 1 guy took down 4 or 5 others. I came upon a turn and it was like bowling pins scattered. Amazing enough, every one of them walked away.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:06 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

The hooded guy with the scythe is always on the look out for those people.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Sports bikes just help with cleansing the gean pool.

2006 Silver Road Glide
Marine Corps 1968 - 1993 GySgt (Ret)
JFFJ
IBA 44945 SS1Kx1D
I hate winter.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Senior Rider

it's fair to say there are dumbasses everywhere. I see more dumbasses on the adventure bikes than sportbikes and standard/cruisers combined in my area (NYC).

one bad apple spoils the bunch
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure they recycle those wrecks into Bic lighters.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Rider

Not sport bike riders in particular, just dumb asses in general. They come in all shapes and forms and choose several different modes of transportation. While I sometimes find them entertaining with their ignorance, and agree there is a natural cleansing of the gene pool it is sad that most of the time youth and inexperience costs someone their life. What I find really troubling and not to change the focus of the thread are the idiots putting us in jeopardy because they can't wait to call or text on a cell phone chasing us off the roads.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2612 View Post
I know I shouldn't put them all into one group, but I have to say I dislike sports-bike riders more each day. The last time a guy on a sports bike passed me on the right within the same lane, in a right turn really pushed the general dislike over the edge. Yes, over the years I have seen cruiser riders do a lot of stupid S$%^, but its seems the number of dumb a--holes on sports bikes is disportionately large. There are a few roads around here I don't ride anymore because trying to avoid dumbs--its on crotch-rockets takes away from the enjoyment. I have nothing against the sports bike itself, just the punk-a$$-b$%ches that get on them, toss common sense in the sh--can, and ride way out of their capability to ride the bike safely. There I'm done, but still fuming.
I was just thinking this same thing this morning on the way to work. I commute 84 miles one way and pass through three major towns all with slightly different demographics of people. And as you say, I hate to lump them into one group but it is really hard to ignore my observations that compared to riders on Harleys or other types of cruisers, sport bike riders are almost always going to be acting like dumb@$$e@ going down the interstate. I'm not one to tell others how much to risk themselves and to not act like idiots but the fact remains that they put other folks in danger including myself and that's what really bugs me. I've only had one pass my on my right in my own lane once which pissed me off to no end but have had plenty of cases where they pass as close as possible to me even though there are two to three empty lanes at all times that they could use and leave plenty of distance between us. You know they have to think they are making some sort of impression and maybe they would stop doing **** like that if they realized that most of us on cruisers DON'T GIVE A DAMN about their plastic rockets or we would take the money we spend on our Harleys and buy two or three of those dime-a-dozen rice burners instead.

A week or so after Daytona Bike Week I was on my way home from work when I ran into a traffic jam. What I thought might be the usual 20 or 30 minute delay turned into a 4 plus hour delay during which I had to eventually take a 30 mile detour or risk being delayed another couple of hours. I was pissed because I had to get home to my kids. During the hang up I pulled into a diner where I heard the server telling some tourists who were waiting out the traffic jam that she heard it was some biker coming back from Daytona that caused the jam. The next day I searched the internet (there was nothing on TV or at least I missed any report of it) and finally found several news articles on the accident. One article had comments posted by witnesses. Wouldn't you know it. A woman replied to the article stating that they were passed by a guy on a yellow sport bike doing well over 100 mph and wearing no helmet. A few miles later they came upon the scene of the wreck. The biked had slammed his rice rocket into the back of a van. He ended up on the road (dead of course) and his motorcycle went all the way over the median and into the oncoming traffic lanes where it came to a stop and caught fire. Her story was backed up by another biker who said he saw the same accident scene shortly after it happened. So not only did this idiot kill himself. He managed to block traffic in BOTH directions for over 6 hours on one of Florida's major traffic arteries. Let me be honest, not only did I not feel bad for the @$$hole but I kept telling myself in my mind that finally one of them got what they deserved for thinking they can just inconvenience or risk other people on the road. Maybe that's a bit harsh and some of you may burn me for admitting it but I guess like the OP, I've about had it with sport bike riders and their nonsense. I have no patience for them nor will I have any pity on them when they bite the asphalt for their own carelessness.

2008 Crossbones
with a bunch of
eBay'ed bolt-on stuff...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM

P