Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you bike junkies to boldly post off topic. No political or religious threads.
Sponsored by: Phat Performance Parts

P

Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXD_TG View Post
This is in my backyard and I have no problem with it... We have a lot of really nice gun clubs and shooting ranges and they keep raising the bar on the amenities to attract clientele. In fact, there are two new high-end gun clubs being built within a few miles of each other, and I suspect the Brown's are trying to differentiate their Governor's Gun Club from the one that the Workman sisters who own the Sandy Springs Gun Club plan to offer at their proposed club in Kennesaw.

People who tend to patronize high-end gun clubs aren't exactly "problem children" when it comes to firearms. By the way, that Full Metal Jacket club membership that gets club members into the "lounge" where limited drinking will be permitted requires a one-time $1,500 fee plus an $800/year annual membership...

Frankly, I'm more concerned about yahoo's who "pack heat" for the wrong reasons without any proper training and scumbags with guns that commit crimes.

And, to be honest, I suspect that dehydrated golfers who hit the "club" after a round of 18 holes and throw back a few are probably a bigger risk to me once they get behind the wheel of a car for the drive home.

But even then, neither the gun club or golf club members are nearly as much of a risk or concern to me as a stone sober idiot who's texting while driving, and there are a 100 times as many of them out there than there are idiots with guns.

Of course, that's not newsworthy, now is it?
Ditto TG
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM

P