Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you bike junkies to boldly post off topic. No political or religious threads.
Sponsored by: Phat Performance Parts

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 06-26-2013, 11:00 AM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynots View Post
Its not just the sport bikes. I lived in Colorado for 10 years and rode throughout the Denver metro on a metric cruiser and have seen plenty of "If you don't ride a Harley you aint ****" attitudes. I use to think the only difference between a Harley and a vacuum cleaner was the placement of the dirt bag lol
This has been my experience. I've found that even tho I'm riding a Superglide I still get that BS attitude. If I'm travelling I generally avoid other Harley riders as I've had more bad experiences than good. However, given the choice of listening to a know everything about harley rider or a BMW rider...I'd probably drink a bunch of beer with the know it all. At least he won't spend 99 % of the time telling why my bike sucks and his doesn't.(smile)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Senior Rider

Some people are ignorant. Some people are dicks. Some people don't like things different from what they have. Some people don't like foreign products. Some people don't like the look. Some people don't like the sound. Some people don't like how other people ride sport bikes. Some people are jealous. Some people had a bad interaction with a sport bike. Some people had a bad interaction with a sport bike rider. Some people just hate on things to hate on things. Ride what you like, don't be a dick.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Road Master

i dont hate sports bike myself i just hate when they pull tricks on the interstate and risk other peoples safety. other then that ride what you want. my wife rides a suzuki right next to my harley.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
One Of The Regulars

As someone who has an R6 and a Harley, I gotta say I see way more of the elitist attitude coming from the online sport bike community.

That being said, I love both my bikes for different reasons. If you can swing it financially - I would say yes, get a sport bike to compliment your cruiser. If you are getting grief about one bike or another, you are hanging out with the wrong crowd.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
One Of The Regulars

Don't know any that hate sport bikes. What's the point of that
Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFortyEight View Post
I've been a Harley owner for a little over 3 months now, grew up around Harley's. Lets cut to the chase, why do MOST Harley owners despise Sport Bike owners? They ride motorcycles too. I don't see a problem with it whatsoever, one of my buddies has a GSXR and we all still ride with him. I'm actually thinking about getting a Ducati as a second bike, just for in town. Thoughts on topic?
I don't despise sport bike riders. Not too crazy about someone who has a HD for 20 seconds that opens his "mouth" to generalize and start a thread over a tired over done discussion like HD vs sport bikes or HD vs anything else.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Ultimate HDF Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainboom150 View Post
i dont hate sports bike myself i just hate when they pull tricks on the interstate and risk other peoples safety. other then that ride what you want. my wife rides a suzuki right next to my harley.
I agree,actually i find it rather funny when they do crazy stunts like this!!!!...
http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.ht...ts-cop-car.cnn

Bernese Mountain Dogs
Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
One Of The Regulars

I used to be this way because they were made by foreign owned companies. About five years ago I saw two cars with WW2 POW plates on the back of them. One car was made in Germany the other in Japan. Both cars were being driven by elderly men whom were likely vets and the owners of these cars. I recently saw a man driving a Kia with a Korean War Vet sticker on the back.. If these gentleman saw nothing wrong with owning cars made by foreign owned companies then, neither did I. I still like to buy cars made by u.s. owned companies and I am not a fan of most foreign made vehicles but if that is what you.... like enjoy it.

Last edited by kickstarter1340; 06-26-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Road Master

Quote:
I've been a Harley owner for a little over 3 months now, grew up around Harley's. Lets cut to the chase, why do MOST Harley owners despise Sport Bike owners? They ride motorcycles too. I don't see a problem with it whatsoever, one of my buddies has a GSXR and we all still ride with him. I'm actually thinking about getting a Ducati as a second bike, just for in town. Thoughts on topic?
Your assumption that "MOST Harley owners despise Sport Bike owners" is a fallacy.

You base your assumption on what a few people post on the web, or a few people you've met have said. Considering that HD shipped about 245k motorcycles in 2012 alone, to assume that most of those new bike owners despise sport bikes is just silly.

Go to the sport bike forums--you'll find just as many sport bikers that despise HD. Same with the BMW motorcycle and Honda Goldwing forums--you'll find the same number of threads about hating HD.

I'd say there's probably more hate for HD than for any other brand of motorcycle, simply because they have the largest market share--one of the same reasons why it's popular to hate the US.

33,000 miles 09/09/13
35,000 miles 15/11/13
38,000 miles 31/03/14
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Road Captain

Quote:

Where the Hxxx do YOU get this Sxxx... YOU have only been a HD owner for 3 mos. and YOU are suddenly an expert in this Fxxx'd-up pontification... My thoughts on 'The Topic' are that YOU are part of THE problem... I ride with Sport Bikers all the time (and I belong to at least one Sport Bike Forum)... Perhaps YOU should sell the HD and get the Ducati... I'll still wave... Don't know why I bother answering such idiocy other than to speak-up for ALL motorcycle enthusiasts/bikers/riders and to help dispel this crap... Geeze man, just ride...

Last edited by user_1534GD; 06-26-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM

P