Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Klotz Oils

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Klotz Oils

Anyone have any experience with these oils: www.klotzlube.com/storeCats.asp?ci=7

They are not a new company and make a series for v-twins, but that is all I know. Found their oils on the Dennis Kirk web site.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Klotz Oils

Fly,
As you can tell reading in this forum...oppinions about oil vary vastly. I'm not a Trubologist (oil doctor)...I don't even play one on TV. I am however a Maintenance Planner in a refinery that refines borax, and boric acid located in the mojave desert. I mention this becasue we use several different types of industrial grade lubricants to keep gearboxes, pumps, and machinery operating 24/07 in a very harsh environment. I have a friend at work who sells us industrial lubricants, and he is a bonefid Trubologist. We have had much discussion about Harley oil, and oil in general. I mentioned to him that I've used mobil 1 in my vehicles for years & asked him to look into mobil 1 for v-twins for my bike. His response was that he didn't need to look into it. He was very familar with mobil 1 & told me it's as good as anything out there I'm going to find for my engine, transmission, and primary. He then got on a soapbox & preached the need in keeping air cooled engines as cool as possible. I've run mobil1 20W50 for v-twins in my 06 softail since it was new...have 17,000 desert miles on it and couldn't be happier. I also run the billetcool oil cooler and am very happy with it. My friend explained to me that regardless of temperature claims made by all oil companies...above 180 degrees all oil will begin to break down some & for every 20 degrees you go up after that the rate of breakdown will increase some. That isn't to say that some oils don't go through this process slower than others...only to say that every bit you can cool your engine helps the oil to last that much longer & be that much more efficient. As for me & my vehicles....we stay with mobil 1!
-Clutch-

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

We have a 1977 Ford F-150 XLT Ranger that my grandfather ordered new with a 460 to pull his 35 ft fifth wheel camper. He ran Klotz in it when he was pulling, which was only a few times a year. The truck was used for pulling a couple of times a year from '77 to '85, when he got out of tow campers. At that time, we swapped it back to dino oil. The Klotz sure never hurt it. Not that any of this means anything, the truck only has about 50k miles on it now.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

I have not used or even heard of klotz oils. but went to their website a nd read their adds. for a oil that may only be regional there pricey..I've read oil studys and tests and havent seen their name anywhere so I wont be buying any .maybe someone else has some good things to say about them.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard of Klotz, but have never met anyone running it.
As long as Redline, Mobil, Syn3, Royal Purple, etc. are readily available I'll stick with them...

Old 07-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Klotz is very popular in the 2 stroke racing world. We used their 2 stroke racing oil in the Micro Midget/Mini Sprints years ago. Never used their Motor oil. I would use their oil, no worries.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
kong79
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran Mini Sprints also and Klotz two stroke oil was the standard. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of their oils if it's readily available.