Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Went to oil test....Schaeffer's Oil blew them all away

Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
cuffnup
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to oil test....Schaeffer's Oil blew them all away

Just wondering how many of you use schaeffers oil in your bike...the oil test i went to tested all kinds of oil and yes amsoil did better than almost all of the other oils except schaeffers...i wouldnt recommend using anything other than those two brands...all the rest were just awfull! Tell me what you think

Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM
twiceretired
Tourer

It's all I use in everything I own. I had the oppurtunity to use one of those bearing machines myself, and tested everything I could get my hands on. Nothing compared. If you got to see that bearing machine, imagine that I was actually standing on the "arm" to put pressure on the surfaces, and couldn't stop it. Google Schaeffer Oil on youtube and you can find some videos of those tests.
What are you using? I use 9001 (5-50) in my BMW and Deuce, and 9000 in my Yamaha FZ1, cars and truck (and JD tractor). Using 167 gear oil in the BMW and Deuce trannys and the final drive of the BMW, and finally 239S 30W in the primary.
It's the best oil I've been able to find.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,230 Likes on 901 Posts
Default Schaeffer oil?

Never heard of it. Amsoil is hard enough to get. Can I run down to Wally World and pick up 5 quarts of Schaeffer oil 20-50?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 AM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OLD 96
Never heard of it. Amsoil is hard enough to get. Can I run down to Wally World and pick up 5 quarts of Schaeffer oil 20-50?
Here you go, they have a dealer locator or web sales too, pretty much like Amsoil.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/engine_oils.html

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM
cuffnup
Advanced

I use the 9000 in my duramax....and just started 20 w 50 in the bike...how about you? i see you are using straight 30w in the primary but what about the rest of your bike? and yes i did see the bearing machine...AWSOME !

Old 07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I've never used Schaeffer's, and not putting it down in any way, but I heard it was "severely cracked"..

Actually I got the 'severely cracked' thing from the below description on their webpage;

"Supreme 9000 is blended from a unique combination of polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids and severely hydrocracked synthetic base fluids."

Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

tell me about the test? what did they do and how did they do it?
are they measuring wear? particles in the oil? mileage tests?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
twiceretired
Tourer

Had a few comments about Schaeffer Oil, if anyone's interested. Before I do, understand that I use it exclusively, in everything I own.
Having said that, a couple of things. First, it is like Amsoil in the sense that you buy it through dealers, or reps. Unlike Amsoil, you don't get to just buy a dealership, you earn it (no I'm not one). Their guys go through quite a bit of training and know their stuff, they don't just peddle it. I've learned quite a bit about oil from my rep, and it's been interesting.
Next, don't be fooled into buying your oil based solely on that bearing machine. It's cool, and I had a ball playing with one, but it's only a part of the puzzle. That machine DOES NOT tell the whole story. There's much more to oil than just what you see in those results. Here again, I used one, testing Valvoline, Redline, Amsoil, Quaker, Lucas and Mobil 1. I even tested gear oils, and IN THIS ONE TEST, Schaeffer kicked butt. Again I have to emphasize, that test wasn't the whole picture. I used temperature readings and finally UOA before finally setteling with Schaeffer.
A real down side to Schaeffer, well two, is that their packaging leaves some to be desired. I can buy the 9000 (full synthetic) and the 7000 (semi-synthetic) in gallons or quarts. I'm using 9001, their 5-50 racing oil. That I can only get in a 5 gallon bucket. Since I use it in multiple bikes, it's no big deal, but it can be inconvenient. I could switch to the 7000 20-50 semi-synthetic racing oil, which comes in quarts, but I do like the full. Same with the gear oil. I could get 267, a semi-synthetic in smaller quantities, but I like the full, 167, so have to get it in larger quantities. Were that a big problem, I'd find someone who wanted to split a load and do it that way.
I suppose then that the last "problem" is that you have to order it. Again, no big deal. It's not like I've ever had an emergency oil change that required me to run to Walmart and pick it off the shelf. I know when I'll be changing oil, and I pre-order it. Hell, I have most everything I need for several oil changes on hand anyway - filters included.
If any of you ever get interested, give a rep a call. You might find it interesting.
Finally, I repeat, I just use it, I don't sell it. Oh yea, if you want to try two of their really amazing products, look into Penetro (spray lube) and Citrol (cleaner).
Sorry to be so long winded. Guess it's one of those things where I looked hard and long, am real satisfied, and feel some dumbass need to share.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Zekeski
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NAPA sells Schaeffers where I live. Costs about 1/2 of much as other brands. I use it too.

The following users liked this post:
MessengerBussa (03-10-2020)
Old 08-02-2009, 06:48 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Schaeffers is good oil. But the oil test machines are bullchit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Went to oil test....Schaeffer's Oil blew them all away