Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

91 harley fat boy oil drain plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM
ringcj77
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 harley fat boy oil drain plug

I am needing to drain the oil from engine oil case. I have drained the oil can and filter. I cant seem to find the plug for the casing below the motor which i am sure holds oil for motor shaft and gears. I did find a small plug on the lower right side of casing which looks alot like a oil pump maybe.. removed it.. not much oil came out. and i would think there would be some kinda drain lower some place.

Also, when filling up the bike do you put all oil in back through the oil can or the casing?

If anyone could help me in getting all oil out and back in the bike would help alot.

Thanks..

Chris..

Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 PM
LimitedLou
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ringcj77
I am needing to drain the oil from engine oil case. I have drained the oil can and filter. I cant seem to find the plug for the casing below the motor which i am sure holds oil for motor shaft and gears. I did find a small plug on the lower right side of casing which looks alot like a oil pump maybe.. removed it.. not much oil came out. and i would think there would be some kinda drain lower some place.

Also, when filling up the bike do you put all oil in back through the oil can or the casing?

If anyone could help me in getting all oil out and back in the bike would help alot.

Thanks..

Chris..
Not sure about the 91 fatboy, but 96's have a rubber line with plug on end with clamp, on right side of bike.. hope this helps.. Only put 3 qts oil.. in oil fill, where dip stick is...