Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Still trying to solve 85 FLT oil line problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Cupo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Still trying to solve 85 FLT oil line problem

I bought the bike with a damaged front end. It was delivered on a skid , it started fine, oil pressure came up. Replaced the air ride front end, came time to take it off the skid. It had boards shimmed up underneath it so to get it off the skid I had to tap the boards out. Got the front wheel on the ground and them noticed that the hose that runs next to the oil pump (from the crankcase, then goes over the engine, between the barrels and down under the engine and the inner primary cover) was off and oil was coming out. Now I know someone will say go to the manual diagrams. I have three diagrams. One shows me that it is a square oil tank, but this one is a V shape under the side cover. Another diagram shows it's a dead line and should be plugged. Another says it is a return, but my issue is that all the diagrams eliminate the oil filter.. So if anyone has this bike and can check the routing of this oil line please let me know where it goes.. I don't have a table or jacks to lift this bike high enough to check under it better.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

take a small hand mirror and look underneath with that. Also post this question in the EVO section and you will probably get an answer even faster. hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Cupo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Thanks

I tried putting a mirror, even a large one under the bike, but I can't see anything. I re-posted this under EVO as you suggested. We'll see what happens from there.