Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Anyone want to split a hotel and a trailer ride to Stugis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Gasitman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want to split a hotel and a trailer ride to Stugis?

So I cant ride to Sturgis because of my shoulder. I already have a room in Rapid City from the 4th to 8th. I am looking for someone to split the cost of the room ($930) and fuel to get there. I have a 7X14 trailer. The way I have it setup is my bike in the nose. We can work something out to get your bike in. Any cost of mounts or tie downs would be on you.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.

Last edited by Gasitman; 07-16-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Any luck yet? What kind of room did you get? The penthouse suite? That seems kind of high to me for only a few days. I'm sure they jack up the prices but that's crazy.

-Rob

Old 07-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Tim Q
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is four nights, it's cheap. If is three nights its about what I am paying.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:52 PM
rocknride71
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tim Q
If it is four nights, it's cheap. If is three nights its about what I am paying.
I've never been to Sturgis and want to go, but I don't know about $200+ a night. Cheap to me is $75 a night. As I said, I'm sure they jack the prices up on everything because of what it is. I'm going to start my bargain shopping for next year. That's too rich for my blood. I hope it's a nice room at least.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Gasitman
Cruiser

I'm confused, you think the price is high? I invite you to try and find a room, they run from $300-500 a night. But if you are not interested, you do not need to comment. I'm not about to screw around and negotiate. I got a room for 5 days, and the price now is $330 a night. If you have not been to Sturgis, you have no clue how expensive it is. Rooms are booked out years in advance, let alone this is the 75th anniversary. Don't like what I have to offer, go get your own. If you find a room for $75 a night, you better book out the hotel, you can double or triple your money.

Last edited by Gasitman; 07-16-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Gasitman
Cruiser

Some people really know how to ruffle feathers, here is your $75 a night room, oh wait, I meant $475 a night room!!!

http://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search?#&destination=Rapid City (and vicinity), South Dakota, United States of America&startDate=08/04/2015&endDate=08/05/2015&regionId=6059491&adults=2

Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,244 Likes on 11,135 Posts

The folks that think they can get $200/nite anywhere within riding distance to Sturgis during the 75th, must have been living under a rock.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gasitman
I'm confused, you think the price is high? I invite you to try and find a room, they run from $300-500 a night. But if you are not interested, you do not need to comment. I'm not about to screw around and negotiate. I got a room for 5 days, and the price now is $330 a night. If you have not been to Sturgis, you have no clue how expensive it is. Rooms are booked out years in advance, let alone this is the 75th anniversary. Don't like what I have to offer, go get your own. If you find a room for $75 a night, you better book out the hotel, you can double or triple your money.
Apparently you didn't read what I wrote. I didn't say I was negotiating w/ you or anything of the sort. I also stated that I've never been to Sturgis. I'm not trying to start an argument w/ you. What I said is clearly stated. I wish you luck and hope you find someone to go in w/ you because it sounds like it's going to be a blast from everything I've read. Cheers!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:09 PM
ROUNDHEAD
Road Master
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

sounds cool, can you pick me up. I am in Alabama.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Gasitman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rocknride71
Apparently you didn't read what I wrote. I didn't say I was negotiating w/ you or anything of the sort. I also stated that I've never been to Sturgis. I'm not trying to start an argument w/ you. What I said is clearly stated. I wish you luck and hope you find someone to go in w/ you because it sounds like it's going to be a blast from everything I've read. Cheers!
I read what you wrote, as did others, that is why I got a message from someone asking why I was trying to screw people over. Sorry if I got a little upset. You made it sound to me, and others apparently that I was out of line for asking to split it. Like I said, if you do not want to go, no need to comment on the post.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to split a hotel and a trailer ride to Stugis?