Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Anyone interested in Rides?? San Diego, CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Road Chick1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in Rides?? San Diego, CA

I am just wondering if any of you from San Diego and surrounding areas ever organize
rides???

I am on another forum and we ride at least once per month. I would be interested in some local
rides. I end up riding to LA alot to ride with the other group..

Thanks!
Rene

Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone interested in Rides?? San Diego, CA

Checkout this site for rides in San Diego area...

http://www.sdmcriders.org/

Old 02-14-2006, 05:15 PM
prooils
Advanced

I'm always up for a ride. Although right now I'm having a backfiring problem out of my front cylinder that I am troubleshooting. I think I either have a stuck intake valve or leak at the intake manifold. Hopefully I will have it up this weekend.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
inkaholic
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't really organized any group rides, but it would be pretty cool to ride with one on occasion. I typically head up the coast somewhere, head out to Julian, or head up further north to the Ortega Highway. Hopefully plan on making it out to Laughlin this April with some folks!

Old 02-22-2006, 07:51 PM
dynamac
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

As long as I'm in town and have a little notice I'd be up for a ride. Don't really care where to. I've heard Hell's Kitchen is a nice ride and so is Cooks corner.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:32 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm always up for a ride and meeting new people. Since you find yourself in LA frequently, you should stop in Orange County sometime. We have some nice places to ride. Last weekend for example, I headed out Saturday morning at 7am to participate in a large group ride. We met at Watson's at the Orange Circle for breakfast, then from there we headed to Cook's Corner for the ride to officially begin. We drove from Cook's to Ortega Highway and stopped at our first location, the Swallows Inn in San Juan Capistrano. From there we made 3 other stops and finally ended up at Cook's again. We all had BBQ lunch afterwards and enjoyed the company while discussing the days ride. Hope to see you in the "OC" sometime.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:27 AM
joetst2
Cruiser

I drive the Ortega Highway in my car about 3-4 times per month. It has a few hairy turns as you know. Is it a relatively easy drive on a bike? I live in Murrieta so the opportunity to ride on Ortega is really easy, but just haven't had the nerve to try it yet.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:29 AM
joetst2
Cruiser

Old 02-26-2006, 09:26 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: joetst2

I drive the Ortega Highway in my car about 3-4 times per month. It has a few hairy turns as you know. Is it a relatively easy drive on a bike? I live in Murrieta so the opportunity to ride on Ortega is really easy, but just haven't had the nerve to try it yet.
Easy? Yes. Ortega is not a challenging ride but you do need to ride cautiously and be very much aware of your surroundngs. Watch out for the sportbikes on weekends! These guys can get a little out of hand and sometimes ride beyond their limits. I usually give them room to pass me so they can arrive at their early grave that much sooner. Thinning out the whole gene pool you know... Ortega does have some blind corners which makes it difficult to set up for a corner if you don't know what's on the other side. So if you take it easy and ride cautiously you will be safe and enjoy your ride. One point of interest is Hells Kitchen along Ortega Highway. You really must go. I won't spoil the surprise, but let's just say it's worth the trip. The food at Hells Kichen is average, but the whole experience is what makes it worth the trip. Also there is a place called look put point where you can catch a view of Lake Elsinore below. Very nice place to snap a few photos. It makes a nice rest stop to relax, refresh and have a refreshment. There's a small business that serves refreshments and maybe burger and fries? I never eat there, I usually use the restroom, check out the view and keep on riding.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:11 PM
prooils
Advanced

Anyone up for a ride on Sunday in the San Diego area??? 03/05/06??? Let me know.

Stephen

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in Rides?? San Diego, CA