Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

hagen kustoms, anybody use him??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default hagen kustoms, anybody use him??

Hagen kustoms out of Iowa, any experiances with this shop???

Old 09-22-2015, 11:40 AM
TCCustom
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With over 25 years of experience working at Harley-Davidson (York, PA) I now own a shop called T&C Custom. My paint range is mild to wild and we accept any kind of bike or parts. You can even ship it to us!

Give us a call for a free estimate: 717-900-4396

Old 02-08-2017, 04:48 PM
housewright2go0@yahoo.com
Stage IV

Last edited by housewright2go0@yahoo.com; 07-17-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Harleymom11
Stage I
Default uh oh

He currently has my tins.... now I'm worried housewright

Old 02-09-2017, 06:10 PM
housewright2go0@yahoo.com
Stage IV

Last edited by housewright2go0@yahoo.com; 07-17-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

He did my softail
Did a good job at a reasonable price
The paint is 5 years old or older
Maybe things have changed over the years

Attached Thumbnails hagen kustoms, anybody use him??-bike.jpg  
Old 08-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Larry Cochrane
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most horrible experience possible with Hagen Kustoms. He will promise your parts will be done in 2-3 weeks for a low price. Ends up taking 5-6 months or more. He painted my wife's 2001 Harley-Davidson Fatboy. He said it would take 2 weeks. I sent him the parts and 50% of the money up front the first week of June 2014. I had to threaten to drive 500 miles to meet him in person the end of October 2014. He finally finished & shipped my wife's parts out with a tracking number within a couple of days. I was completely insane for trusting him with my 2006 Harley-Davidson Road King parts in August 2016. After many, many, many excuses & downright lies. My parts finally started to come. My fuel tank, front & rear fenders arrived first. He said everything was completed & requested the final PayPal funds be sent. After several more months of delays & lies about parts being sent. Of course no tracking number to ever verify. Ben would say my parts were shipped out Monday, but he didn't have a tracking number. Then text me someone else's tracking number. Like I wouldn't verify this guy? This happened several times. John Swenson the owner of "Swenson's Hardware" would say. Yeah, Ben was here after UPS departed on Friday. I'm looking at your stuff now. A far cry from Monday like he promised. The following week my Tour Pak finally arrived. He did a horrendous job. I asked him to remove the OEM hinges & HD emblem before painting. I offered to pay him more for this service. Ben instead did a horrible masking job over the emblem & hinges. Orange paint was everywhere over the chrome. Sanding scratches were everywhere in the paint. He said he was having a BAD week and to return the Tour Pak. He would refund the return shipping cosy back to me by Paypal. That NEVER happened. I paid $49 return FedEx shipping fee & he asked for $50 to repaint the items without even looking at my parts. After another month going by. I honestly NEVER thought I would receive the rest of my parts. My son Brian had a trip to Minnesota. He drove 150 miles out of route to get the rest of parts back. Ben didn't want my son to show up at his home where his shop is located. So they met at a Truck Stop 35 miles away. After Ben arrived to hand my son the parts. Ben walked away without saying a word to him. My son called me and said he noticed black paint mixed within the tangerine orange on both lids & Tour Pak. Ben Hagen MUST of used a dirty spray gun with previous used black paint. It cost me $600 to have both saddle box lids, Tour Pak upper/lower & both lower leg fairings repainted to get rid of the dirty black paint & horrible craftsmanship. The only thing I can say is Ben paints out of his parents garage. Every painter I showed these pieces too made the remark. At BEST this guy is a "amateur" or he just doesn't care what his work looks like. Dirt was everywhere in the clear coat. He has his services listed on eBay, but will offer a price break if transaction are done outside of eBay guidelines. No negative feedbacks or claims can then be issued. You will have absolutely NO protection with PayPal. Ben Hagen will NEVER answer ANY of your telephone call. He doesn't like confrontation. All contact is done by text message "ONLY". Ben doesn't want to meet you in person or talk on the telephone. It's my personal opinion. Ben doesn't have "ANY" money. When he receives his requested 50% deposit up front for a new job. That money pays for the cost of supplies & shipping for the previous customer that gave him money up front. I am currently in contact with Ebay, Iowa Better Business Bureau & the Iowa Attorney's General Office regarding this matter.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Larry
Thats sad news for sure
I hope you get all of your money back.