Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Good paint shop near Portland

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Evoker
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good paint shop near Portland

I need to repair my bike after an accident, and HD dealers in Russia simply don't offer any paint jobs, nor can local private shops match OEM Harley paint.. Dunno what the issue is, but they just refuse to even try..

I have a friend in the US (Portland area) who is kind enough to buy a fender I need and send it to the shop to be painted, then ship it to me. But the problem is he has no idea whether it's better to paint the fender at the dealership, or find a reputable private paint shop for the job.

Maybe someone could recommend a good shop in Portland that can match OEM Harley color (Ember Red Sunglo) near Portland area? Or it is better to address to HD dealer?

Thanks for Your help!

Old 07-18-2016, 01:05 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bridge City Cycles has some killer paintwork on instagram. They are in North Portland

Old 08-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Evoker
2nd Gear

Hey Good Apollo, thanks so much, will call them and find out.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:37 AM
wildoregon
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Evoker
I need to repair my bike after an accident, and HD dealers in Russia simply don't offer any paint jobs, nor can local private shops match OEM Harley paint.. Dunno what the issue is, but they just refuse to even try..

I have a friend in the US (Portland area) who is kind enough to buy a fender I need and send it to the shop to be painted, then ship it to me. But the problem is he has no idea whether it's better to paint the fender at the dealership, or find a reputable private paint shop for the job.

Maybe someone could recommend a good shop in Portland that can match OEM Harley color (Ember Red Sunglo) near Portland area? Or it is better to address to HD dealer?

Thanks for Your help!
I'm in Portland and have experience in this field. There are a number of quality painters in the area however, if it were my bike I'd take it to the shop that the local dealership uses. There's a reason shops are used, and why shops are not used.

Eddie Slepicka owns Bent Metal Kustoms west of Portland and does nearly all the paintwork for Paradise H-D. Find him through Facebook as eddie.slepicka

For my own bent fender issues, I chose to have the dealership order and send a painted replacement fender as the price was close to having Eddie do the work, but I did not have the wait time. Good luck with your project.
Cheers.

Last edited by wildoregon; 09-18-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:44 AM
Evoker
2nd Gear

Hey wildoregon,

Thanks so much for the info.

I'd gladly let the dealership do the paint job but they do not offer any kind of paint jobs here in Russia at all - I know it may seem weird but that's how it is here - they can only order painted parts from the US and this would cost thousands - that's why I decided to do it by myself..

Anyways, our riding season is opening in two months - it's time for me to write to Eddie so I get the fender in time.

Thanks again!

Old 03-17-2017, 03:33 PM
13RoadKing
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

All Harley paint comes from PPG paint company. In Moscow
http://ru.ppgrefinish.com/ru/%D0%BE-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81/%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%B8-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%8B/

Last edited by 13RoadKing; 03-17-2017 at 03:37 PM.