Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

turning out some cool stuff this week

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

hahaha ya buddy your right in Palatine! prob have seen you out riding i am in elgin and schaumburg all the time! let me know if you ever need anything, you know i love me a dyna!

Old 08-14-2014, 10:40 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All in due time, my friend.....Winter........she is coming!

Old 08-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Elandiv
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Joe, was wondering what you came up with for my Galaxy Grey and Atomic orange luggage rack and center console.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Joe Knapp,

Can you post pics of anything you've powder coated that resembles a Black Chrome look please?

Old 08-19-2014, 07:20 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[/QUOTE]

OK, I know people are gonna band together here and try and take Joes side here but this needs to be said. For the longest time I looked at these pictures of Joes great work on this forum and couldnt wait until my bike was ready for powder coating so I could send him all of my parts for coating.

Well, after almost 2 years had passed I finally had my bike ready for powder coating and decided I should send a test batch of small parts to The PowderPro for coating. So I sent them out and recieved my parts back in a little over 4 weeks time. This is the picture above with the headlight bucket included in it. These parts looked fine and I was satisfied so I sent in another larger order, in TWO boxes packaged CAREFULLY on 5/9/14 on 6/6/14 I was told they were shipping out to me. He then posted the pic above (the pic with my strut covers included) Pics look great huh? i thought so too

Well, I recieved them on 6/15/14 in ONE box, they had basically used my fuse box cover as a small parts bin, and it was dented from the inside out. Thanks for that by the way, I really appreciate having a dented part returned to me when I sent you a straight part to work with. Everything else was stuffed in the box with although wrapped in plastic, they were still subjected to a beating during shipping from being stuffed in ONE box, THAT IS WHY I SHIPPED TWO BOXES. So I am looking at these parts in the sunlight and these things look terrible in person. Yes, even though the glamor shots he took looked great, they looked terrible in person. I couldnt believe what I was seeing, and am telling you guys this so that you arent fooled by his great pics also. Yes they look great in the pics he posted online, but you need to realize that the close up pic of my tank console is EXACTLY the same part pictured above and the ENTIRE batch looked this way.

Here is a pic of Joes the Powder "Pro" work, absolute garbage. Yes, its exactly the same tank console that looked fine in the pic Joe posted above. EVERY part had the same surface flaws. Both pictures of this tank console were taken with the same camera, in the same lighting and location for comparison sake.I dont know about you, but when I contract work I expect it to look like it belongs on a $10-20k bike. This stuff he sent me barely qualifies to go on my dirt bike, much less a fully restored Harley.

Here is the pic after I had the part REstripped,and RE Powdercoated, If you cant tell the difference I dont know what else to say.

Here is the invoice from where I had to have the ENTIRE BATCH of parts stripped of the Powder Pros work, and redone by Final Touch Powder Coating. Now, if the parts looked as they should have then why would I pay to have them done AGAIN? I was already over budget on the bike, but there was no way I was bolting that garbage on my ride.

I contacted Joe, in regards to this matter but his response was I should have contacted him first so he cant help me with anything, and then stopped answering any messages or phone calls from me.....

What would you have proposed Joe? Me wait another 5 weeks for you to fix something you screwed up? Why should I be punished and go without my bike, which is also my transportation to work because you screwed up. All I asked for was for reimbursement of the second batch of parts you coated that looked like crap.

Greed is a ugly thing Joe, dont lose sight of where you started. We all know you have the ability to do great work, but your trying to get every dollar you can and this work showed that. The owner of Final Touch said this was a sure sign of a dirty shop, and asked me if I had seen your shop before. I had to think about it, and although you always post pics of parts, you never show your shop. Final Touch has a full on filtered air downdraft paint booth to do work in, perhaps thats why his work looked so much better?

Just a side note, during assembly of my bike, the parts that were done by Final Touch that bolted to the parts that Powder Pro did on the first batch made Powder Pros work look embarrassing. Next time I have my bike apart I will have those parts redone as well. You all can take this however you want, this was just my experience. Yours may or may not vary.

Last edited by parts eeter; 08-21-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
JRK5892
Banned

well hello! I think the funny part is you say i have stopped answering your when i have prob answered close to 100 of your questions on how to assemble your bike, prep items for what you are doing, etc... I think i have done more to help you put your bike together than anyone i know. You contacted us saying we owe you money, you had the parts redone. You do not even give us the opportunity to check to see what is going on or if those where even the parts we coated, you only tell me you had parts redone, send you the $ back. Then you do a credit card charge back. We have not seen a penny for this entire JOB and are out shipping charges. How can greed be a horrible thing if we never saw a dollar? What do i do, i keep answering your questions when you can not figure out how to put your bike together or how to paint your pipe. You are right we did not refund your money when you send partial pics of something saying we owe you money. As far as the dent, NO WAY, ask any of our customers parts are wrapped like no tomorrow when we ship, furthermore we insure EVERYTHING so if there was an issue with a dent that would have been an easy fix though insurance or hell we do dent repair. Yes we try and use all available space when we ship parts back to try and save our customers as much money as possible, putting wrapped up up parts inside other wrapped up parts is a no brainer to save on space and cut down on shipping charges for the customer. Now to come on here and try and put us on blast you are unreal. I told you we would have been happy to help you with any parts you had issues with if you would have first come to us, but instead you say you went to other locations and had them done and want us to pay you back. How does that even give us a chance to try and fix or make an issue right? Then in our messages you said they redid your dash panel, now your saying that they redid everything. Best of luck with your build, i am sorry you where not happy, and i am very sorry you did not even give us the opportunity to try and help resolve the issue you thought you where having with the parts.

Last edited by JRK5892; 08-20-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:12 AM
JRK5892
Banned

Originally Posted by JRK5892
well hello! I think the funny part is you say i have stopped answering your when i have prob answered close to 100 of your questions on how to assemble your bike, prep items for what you are doing, etc... I think i have done more to help you put your bike together than anyone i know. You contacted us saying we owe you money, you had the parts redone. You do not even give us the opportunity to check to see what is going on or if those where even the parts we coated, you only tell me you had parts redone, send you the $ back. Then you do a credit card charge back. We have not seen a penny for this entire JOB and are out shipping charges. How can greed be a horrible thing if we never saw a dollar? What do i do, i keep answering your questions when you can not figure out how to put your bike together or how to paint your pipe. You are right we did not refund your money when you send partial pics of something saying we owe you money. As far as the dent, NO WAY, ask any of our customers parts are wrapped like no tomorrow when we ship, furthermore we insure EVERYTHING so if there was an issue with a dent that would have been an easy fix though insurance or hell we do dent repair. Yes we try and use all available space when we ship parts back to try and save our customers as much money as possible, putting wrapped up up parts inside other wrapped up parts is a no brainer to save on space and cut down on shipping charges for the customer. Now to come on here and try and put us on blast you are unreal. I told you we would have been happy to help you with any parts you had issues with if you would have first come to us, but instead you say you went to other locations and had them done and want us to pay you back. How does that even give us a chance to try and fix or make an issue right? Then in our messages you said they redid your dash panel, now your saying that they redid everything. Best of luck with your build, i am sorry you where not happy, and i am very sorry you did not even give us the opportunity to try and help resolve the issue you thought you where having with the parts.
Also you say you had an issue with 2 parts out of the huge lot of parts we did for you, and that makes all our work ****? You also say you could not take the time to allow us to look at the issue parts because we would have held you up, well that was in May, it is now late august and the bike is still not done, so yes we easily could have been given the opportunity to at least see the parts, after all the dash and side covers are two of the very last items that would be installed. I understand you are not happy but to not even give us a chance to try and make it right just say you had it redone we owe you money. That is not how it works.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For what it is worth, I recently got all of this done from Joe, and while it took some time because the wire wheel was in horrendous shape, it all looks excellent. There are MAYBE two or three micro flaws in this entire batch, and nothing worth even mentioning. I will also mention that I am super picky so if they were not right, I would have let them know. Joe has corrected things for me in the past with a quick turnaround time.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also you say you had an issue with 2 parts out of the huge lot of parts we did for you, and that makes all our work ****? You also say you could not take the time to allow us to look at the issue parts because we would have held you up, well that was in May, it is now late august and the bike is still not done, so yes we easily could have been given the opportunity to at least see the parts, after all the dash and side covers are two of the very last items that would be installed. I understand you are not happy but to not even give us a chance to try and make it right just say you had it redone we owe you money. That is not how it works.
1. I find absolutely none of this funny in any way. Yes, you have answered some questions (100.... no) regarding assembly of my bike. This is a forum, I have done the same for other members as well. That is irrelevant.

2. My fuse box cover WAS dented during return shipping due to the way you packed my items. Trying to question my character does nothing to change that. This was easily verified by the fact that the stud of my right passenger peg clevis was digging into the inside of the powder coating. I did also say in my original post the items were wrapped in plastic, but the dent happened nonetheless.
It was as easy as coating the parts, and putting them back in the boxes I provided you. I didnt pack them that way for fun, if I wanted to risk my parts being damaged I would have chucked them all in the box just like you did.

3. Give you a chance to verify that you did this coating? You posted the pics above, I just quoted them and attatched them to this reply. Again, you try and question my character? If they were done right, this topic wouldnt be happening.

4. My bike has been completed since about 2 weeks after the date on the Final Touch invoice, which by the way turned my parts around in 3 days. That particular detail is really none of your business though, and I dont see why you would think that it was. But thanks for holding me up for your 4 week turnaround times.

5. You are out shipping charges because the way you handled and are trying to handle this. I had 2 full days wasted in driving to have this stuff redone, fuel costs (2 tanks at 50 bux a pop), AND shipping TWO boxes of parts to you. Not to mention 4 weeks in turnaround time But, its all about you, not the customer.

I have nothing to gain here Joe, you can think that all you want.These guys that build these great machines all deserve the best of the best from their hard earned dollars. You cant expect people to take a bike that is perfection in every way, and bolt on some dirty work.

I am happy that in this process I found a great company that provides the level of quality I expect on my builds. Unfortunately that company is not PowderPros. I tried to contact you several times since this happened. You choose not to reply, I am not gonna beg you to do the right thing.

I am sure that you being a site sponsor and all this will be deleted to protect you. Which is a shame, because the forum members deserve to hear both the good and the bad.

Last edited by parts eeter; 08-20-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:11 PM
JRK5892
Banned

again... you did not contact us till you had the parts re coated to even give us the opportunity to respond or make it right, we also where not paid for any of the work. You had an issue with 1 part of the how many we did? You do not recall any mention of a dent till now. Packing parts is part of the job we do. We are VERY familiar with how to wrap and package items.
I would agree that customers deserve the best, that is what we provid. Do issues happen? absolutely they do, but we always come though to make good on issue if they are something that was an error on our end. To go off and say this part was not right, i had it redone, refund me. That does not even give us a chance. Best of luck with your project

Last edited by JRK5892; 08-20-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: turning out some cool stuff this week